Default Why do people move next to a racetrack and then b!tch about the noise

Makes no sense to me
    I won the race....even though I finished 12th....Who am I ?
    (2010 Topless 100)

I'll give you a hint he's a vulnerable adult.

One of his nicknames is Santa Claus... Because I give so many gifts(wins).

Give up..... Scott Bloomquist

Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious55 View Post
    Makes no sense to me
    Cronic complainers and $hit for brains

My family was in real estate for many years. Race tracks, airports, shooting ranges and pig farms all have a house next door that dorks buy for 20 to 80 percent less because of the location then make it their life goal to try and improve THEIR location by eliminating what they bought next to even though common sense and many state regulations make it hard if not impossible to do. LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION costs money for or against someone.

We love our noise next door!!!!

What I don't get, is a race track only operates on one night a week usually. Unlike a pig farm or airport.

Like wiping before you poop. Just don't make sense.

In my opinion the really stupid louts are part of the civil judicial system that, more often than not, come down on the side of the half wit property owners that buy or build the houses near an existing enterprise that they perceive as being a nuisance.

If those judges and/or jury's did what was right in regards to their rulings on matters such as these we'd have a lot less litigation thus a lot less stupidity. The civil judicial system is more to blame for this nonsense than the half wits that move near to a racetrack.

If the people are there first, they have every right to b!tch. But, try to reach a decent compromise. If the track, etc., was there first, I'd tell ya tough sh!t. I just don't understand how you force a business to close if it was there first. The main thing I've seen get these tracks, dirt or asphalt, is if they close down for a little bit. Then it's real hard to reopen if they have less than happy neighbors.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Santa Fe might still be open if not for this reason and Crown Point Speedway also...

Quote Originally Posted by TackyTracker View Post
    Santa Fe might still be open if not for this reason and Crown Point Speedway also...
    Agree. I miss those 2 tracks like crazy. Crown Point was my home on Saturday nights for many years. Santa Fe Speedway was an awesome experience every time I was there.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    If the people are there first, they have every right to b!tch. But, try to reach a decent compromise. If the track, etc., was there first, I'd tell ya tough sh!t. I just don't understand how you force a business to close if it was there first. The main thing I've seen get these tracks, dirt or asphalt, is if they close down for a little bit. Then it's real hard to reopen if they have less than happy neighbors.
    I agree 110% CnBF, but as is the case much more often than not you get some deep pockets willing to pony up any amount of money involved on the side of those doin' all the bitchin' and a track owner or promoter will give up as opposed to spending what it takes to defend his investment. In many cases you can't really blame the track owner. As I said before, if we had a civil judicial system that wasn't influenced by big money and high priced lawyers things would be dealt with fairly.

Hell could get plenty frosty before that becomes reality.

Default hello

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I agree 110% CnBF, but as is the case much more often than not you get some deep pockets willing to pony up any amount of money involved on the side of those doin' all the bitchin' and a track owner or promoter will give up as opposed to spending what it takes to defend his investment. In many cases you can't really blame the track owner. As I said before, if we had a civil judicial system that wasn't influenced by big money and high priced lawyers things would be dealt with fairly.

Hell could get plenty frosty before that becomes reality.
    my wifes boss lives in fairbury and goes to bloomington every Sat might to get away from the noise...............wth?
    Americans, indeed all free men, remember that in the final choice a soldiers pack is not so heavy a burden as a prisoner's chains. -- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.---
    George S. Patton.

Lightbulb

Property value, maybe...
    Particulate matter pollution, perhaps...
    Degenerates in the community, definitely...

I wouldn't live less than 50 miles from a dirt track...
    Opinions may vary...

Bs3S, I'll go out on a limb here and say that even a well funded coalition would have an extremely difficult time going up against Fairbury American Legion Speedway. That is one thing that makes Fairbury special. It's almost like a community owned entity and the community would be quick to come to the defense of their racetrack, which is a pretty cool thing!!