Default 3 link NO traction off

Car would get into the corner good but as soon as I got in the gas it would just buzz the tires. Buzz the tires so hard I would be side ways down the straight and feel like I'm sitting still. Track was dry slick. Car was ok in the wet during hot laps and the first 2 laps of my heat and then it went to crap. B main was worse. It was so loose coming off that it felt like I broke a left rear axel. So here's the set up. Any suggestions appreciated.RF 600LF 550LR 200 on slider in front of axel, shock behindRR 200 on top of axel, does have option to put behind axelShocks DSR's LF Slick, RF Mid, LR Slick, RR SlickLeft link 14" 20 degrees upRight link 14" 7 degrees upPull bar is a biscuit bar with 2 red biscuits 18 degrees of angle 2 inches to the left both on the frame and rear. Does have option for more angle. J Bar 7 inches of rake even with pinion57% rear52 Left30 Bite49.7 CrossRearend is square to the motor plate 72 1/4 Forgot to add air pressure and stagger. LF 14, RF 15, LR 10, RR 12. 2 inches in the front and 2 in the back.
    Last edited by imca37; 06-01-2014 at 08:05 PM.

Start jacking rounds into it when the track dries off. We used to run about 150lbs of LR on a dry-slick track with a 3-link. Also, yellow bushings in the pull bar. Might try going down a little on the front of the pull bar.
    Bill W. and Dr. Bob......who could have known.

Need more bite for sure. Seems like three links need at least 90 lbs to work well in slick. Also try lowering lf pressure to 10 and lr to 8 or 7. Might help.

Agree with going up on bite, 90-120. Rf12 Rr12 Lf10 Lr8. Only on slick track. Make sure you set ride heights and scale car at those air pressures. JMO

We ran 300 pounds of bite all the time in our 2 link stuff and always had good forward bite.

We used to run 120-200# bite on 3 links.

Set your RR bar closer to level.

Be sure your biscuits aren't worn out. How long they been in the car?

SPark

Pull bar biscuits have been in for 6 or 7 races. I will change them out this week. I will put more bite in the car this week also but what is say 150 pounds of bite gonna change on my entry. tighter, looser? Thanks for the info guys.

If you are off the throttle, it should loosen entry. That is where dropping the RR bar will help.
    Bill W. and Dr. Bob......who could have known.

Another thing you could do is soften your right rear spring a little when the track slows down. Our big change we would make with our 2 link was drop right side bar and lower right rear spring rate as the track slows down. For our car that would give us the best results. The spring manages traction middle off and the bar controls tight/loose on entry.

Also, we always pulled RR forward 3/8 inch when track slicked off.

This tends to tighten car on entry as well.

Raise RF spring to a 700-750. Also, increase LR spring to 225. What is your rear weight %? 2 links are dependent on RF spring, bite and rear weight% much more than a 4 bar car

sorry mod88s, but I 100% disagree with what you are saying. We ran a 300 pound right front spring last year in a 2 link and had a ton of forward bite. We also ran a 125 pound left rear spring. You don't need a big right front and left rear to make forward bite with a 2 link car. That is a method that works, but most definetly not required to make drive in 2 link cars.

Depends on shape and size of track. Your setup could work if you can keep some momentum up, but on stop and go type track, It does not work very well. A stiffer RF spring will absolutely tighten you up coming out. The other things that definitely would help his situation would be more Rear % and more bite, which is what I stated in my last post.

go up on bite, try 110 pounds. try to get your car to scale somewhere around 57% rear, 52-54% left, 52-54% cross. run a 175 rr, 225 lr. set pinion angle at 9 degrees. if you can get a little more pull bar angle, try it. what clip are you running? if chevelle, run a 700 or 750 rf, and a 650 or 700 on lf. if you're running a metric clip run an 800 rf, 750 lf. if you're running a j-bar ditch it for a shorty panhard bar. set it at 3" of rake.

langdon check pm's thanks