Default Rear spring rate

What would happen if i went from a 200lr 175rr to a 225lr. 200rr? Anyone have expierience with this

The car will likely be a bit looser. You have increased the stiffness and roll resistance of the rear. The stiffer end slips first.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

try it , you will like it... takes some spring to push these tires into the race track... rumor mill is rampant with what the new generation cars are running for rear springs..... think of the springs as a way to control the timing of roll and bar angles......
    " Most of my drivers have been new to 4 link stuff and I believe most of their chassis issues are really my driver issues....... "

see ya
    johnny v

Ill be trying it tomorrow night weather permitting ... The car just flops on the rr and then feels lazy and rr just skates hoping this will help push them junk hoosiers into the track. How far is to far to go?

How heavy is your rf spring.

The guy that owned my car before me ran 225LR and 300RR. He felt like the car was doing the same thing as what you were describing. I ran 225's across the back, went to 200LR and liked that. Then went 200's across the back, car got better. Now I'm on 200LR and 175RR and the car has been the fastest it's been with me in it. I never felt like the car was on the RR so I just kept going softer. And I don't run the same tracks as the previous owner. Give the car what it wants and what you feel like it needs. Don't worry about numbers.

what do you mean by "feel like its on the rr"???

Quote Originally Posted by jsf74 View Post
    Who are you asking? Me or the original poster?

Quote Originally Posted by jsf74 View Post
    Its a common problem with the 4-4 floated cars. Guys who came from hobby stocks or sportmods are used to feeling the car roll onto the RR or flop over. The 4-4 cars dont lay on the RR much and people cant feel the RR in the track.

I was asking mm90 but that response makes since. Ive never been in anything but a mod so I guess I dont feel what your experiencing.

Dont let me step on his toes i would love to hear other opinions. MM90 let us know your take on it.

This is my 3rd year in a Mod, I raced stock cars before that. So yea I never felt like the car was rolling over on the RR. I'm going back to a 200 rr for this weekend and see if it's better for the slick, I think the 175 was to soft.