Default Powdercoat weakening chassis?

Overheard some guys talking about how powdercoating a chassis weakens it. Is there any truth to this and if so, what does it do negatively?
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car

Powder ovens bake at around 400-500'. It's not hot enough to have any effect on the chassis. You'll need 1200-1250 to start seeing annealing effects.

^^^^ witch would help it,..not hurt it....the only bad thing bout powder coating is itll hide cracks in chassis that regular paint will show.....an maybe a lil heaver than regular paint.....
    white trash motorsports

I run a 3 booth powder system at work we cure @380 for 30 minutes but part only has to be at that temp for 18 minutes this is on steel racking.Where you might get into trouble is stripping it off for recoat sandblasting will not hardly touch it a friend of mine had his car updated to strip it off they put it in a burn off oven like we use to strip our hangers and hooks ours runs a 3 hr cycle at 750 degrees now a chassis wound not take this long but would still have to get pretty hot for a short period of time but over all I do not see it hurting it.

A good powder coat job is hard to beat.the only neg. is when you need to repair the chassis and you will the powder is hard to clean off thew steel. if the chassis is 4130 chromoly the heat of the bake oven would be a plus.

Thank you for the answers. We have always powdercoated. Someone just said that and I thought they were an idiot but I didn't want to say something since I am no expert in the subject.
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car