Thread: cam question

Default cam question

I have this ford 2.3 head that I bought with bunch of parts. It has a cam with the following numbers that I could find on it. Can anyone tell me what brand it is and the possible gross lift.Here goes. CWC EP311 12 J1 D3 C3 These are the all the numbers that I found and not in any particular sequence.

I think that might be a Comp Cams number. You could check their website.

CWC is the foundry that cast the cam blank…

http://www.cwctextron.com/history.html

Thanks guys for the info, I couldn't seem to find anything on the Comp cams site, but most likely it is just me. I have been measuring today and I found out that is a .270 lift for a gross lift I believe if I did my math right at about .440.

i get 448..but not sure if my way is correct...i multiply lift by rocker ratio(1.66 for non roller)
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

Thanks Car62, I was thinking that the rocker ratio was 1.612. Interesting find though was I attached a straight edge across the towers and came up with a lift of .476 measuring from the straight edge to the top of the rocker both compressed and depressed. I am wondering now if it has an offset grind. It is on the car and going to give it a try this weekend. Our track has a maximum lift of .442. I might be a cheater. lol