Default help getting correct parts

have a 2010 rayburn combo car setting up as a crate with a 602, i have an msd 7al ignition. need to know few things:
    what size battery 12v/16v?
    what size radiator are being used? single double pass?
    what type of coil and distributor?
    gonna get a 650 carb what type/ size of spacer? 2" max for 602.
    what length drive shaft with bert tranny? also yokes?
    what type fuel pump? do i need to run a pressure regulator?
    water pump, standard small block? long or short?
    what size, type pulleys? do i need any shims or anything? what belts?
    what fan blade and spacer?
    do i need to raise engine up an inch or so? if so what kind of front mount?
    do i need a power steering pump? if so what type? have appleton rack.
    what kind of spark plugs? good set of wires?
    oil cooler? if so good one at decent price?
    what type of bolts should be used to mount engine to rear and front plate? fuel pump? water pump? do i need a stud kit for carb and spacer?
    do i need an altenator?
    is there a kit i can get for the front of the motor for a resonable price?

basically i have rolling chassis and 602 motor with no bolt ons, need to know what to get me on track. most of my experience is with supers have 6-8 years experience workin on and setting up cars that i can pretty much handle, if i had everything with it could throw it together in couple hours, this is my first car on my own and don't have bolt ons or bolts to bolt them on on the motor itself and have never worked with a crate engine. any help would be extremely appreciated and thanks in advance. if i think of any other things will post some more coments to this tread.
    Last edited by dirtdodger; 06-30-2014 at 10:37 AM.

http://race-1.com/

for engine related parts

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdodger View Post
    have a 2010 rayburn combo car setting up as a crate with a 602, i have an msd 7al ignition. need to know few things:
    what size battery 12v/16v?
    what size radiator are being used? single double pass?
    what type of coil and distributor?
    gonna get a 650 carb what type/ size of spacer? 2" max for 602.
    what length drive shaft with bert tranny? also yokes?
    what type fuel pump? do i need to run a pressure regulator?
    water pump, standard small block? long or short?
    what size, type pulleys? do i need any shims or anything? what belts?
    what fan blade and spacer?
    do i need to raise engine up an inch or so? if so what kind of front mount?
    do i need a power steering pump? if so what type? have appleton rack.
    what kind of spark plugs? good set of wires?
    oil cooler? if so good one at decent price?
    what type of bolts should be used to mount engine to rear and front plate? fuel pump? water pump? do i need a stud kit for carb and spacer?
    do i need an altenator?
    is there a kit i can get for the front of the motor for a resonable price?

basically i have rolling chassis and 602 motor with no bolt ons, need to know what to get me on track. most of my experience is with supers have 6-8 years experience workin on and setting up cars that i can pretty much handle, if i had everything with it could throw it together in couple hours, this is my first car on my own and don't have bolt ons or bolts to bolt them on on the motor itself and have never worked with a crate engine. any help would be extremely appreciated and thanks in advance. if i think of any other things will post some more coments to this tread.

I'd start off by calling CJ Rayburn and letting him know who you are and your situation. Phone: 317-535-8232 Toll Free: 877-828-8232. He may have a guide for you to have and let him know about what type of track you'll be on for a starting point. Finding the right contacts are hard but CJ may also be able to tell you of any other dealers in your area if you need parts in a pinch too.

You’re going to get a million different opinions especially with all of the questions you have but this is my opinion from when we ran a 602.

You should be just fine with a 12V system and the HEI that comes with the 602 is more than enough spark. Save the 7AL for another engine or sell it.

Get the biggest radiator that will fit between the frame rails and stick with single pass.

Get a reliable mechanical fuel pump and put a regulator on it at about 6 PSI.

As far as water pump, power steering pump, and pulleys…Get a KRC kit which they make specifically for the GM crate motors. They are pricey but you get what you pay for. Everything is there that you need and it will save you a tone of headache in the long run. The water pump with their kits is a Stewart pump which is as good as it gets.

Alternator or not is a matter of preference but most run without.

HVH Super Sucker 2” spacer under a 650 carb works really well.

GM (NO imitations) 19” fan. Spacer will depend but try to get the fan within an inch of the radiator.

You don’t need an oil cooler unless you are running big wide open race tracks all the time.

Check Race-1’s website (somebody else linked it) for real good information and call him (Brad Hibbard). Buy your KRC kit from him (best prices really) but even if you don’t he will help you out. He can also hook you up with a good set of wires that are custom fit for the crate motors.