Default Looking For MSD Soft Touch Box with Wireless Keypad Control

I am a racer out of Delaware about to start running at DIS. I've raced go karts for years, and about to move up. These guys all cheat and im trying to be abel to keep up when i start. Looking to find one of the msd boxes that can be controlled by a keypad from the pits or the stands by a crew member. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks,Jason

Quote Originally Posted by decrate61 View Post
    I am a racer out of Delaware about to start running at DIS. I've raced go karts for years, and about to move up. These guys all cheat and im trying to be abel to keep up when i start. Looking to find one of the msd boxes that can be controlled by a keypad from the pits or the stands by a crew member. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks,Jason
    Not to be a d!ck but if you're moving from karts straight a late model you need to focus your attention on about a 1000 other things before cheating up your ignition.

Default Not be a d!ck either!

Evey one always thinks the guys that are winning are cheating.
    Truth be it, they 99% are not, nobody wants to be labeled a cheater and booted from a series for a year,etc. The winners usually have a good equipment,well maintained, and someone real sharp with setting up/keeping up with track conditions thruout the program....... and a good driver too.

Take that off your list and get on of the 999 other things that matter!

Could have sworn I asked about an MSD box with a wireless remote. Not an opinion session on my driving ability. I'll handle my side of things. I just know what I want and need to be competitive in a class that's "supposed" to be equal but isn't.

Could have sworn I asked about an MSD box with a wireless remote. Not an opinion session on my driving ability. I'll handle my side of things. I just know what I want and need to be competitive in a class that's "supposed" to be equal but isn't.
    Yeah...which is exactly why both Jed and I started our comments by softening the blow with "not to be a d!ck but..."
    But fine...we'll play your way...and tell you how it will likely be for you.
    I can see you're new to this forum based on your number of posts and I can REALLY see you are a bit on the overconfident side having only raced a go-kart and you think you're gonna get into a late model and set the world on fire IF you have the same cheated up MSD as everybody else. Not gonna happen my friend.
    You should probably look back at some of the posts Jed and I have provided to fellow racers in the past...neither of us are here to cut you down...just a couple of fairly knowledgeable and helpful guys who are trying to help YOU get your priorities straight. I help new guys all the time (on this forum and at the track) and I can tell you that you have a TON to learn about the car and driving it before your MSD box is going to matter to you. In fact, my suggestion would be to run an HEI to keep things simple and eliminate points of failure. You need seat time, not the fastest car on the planet.
    Going from go-karts straight to late models, unless you're the next Scott Bloomquist, it's going to take you a good solid season of seat time before you are near comfortable in the car. I know because I had the same attitude you did when I made the exact same jump.
    A late model is not a go-kart!!!
    I'm sure there is somebody on here willing to point you in the direction of a cheated-up MSD but I'm here to help and that isn't going to help you whether you think so or not.
    I'm sure you're a talented driver but your learning curve is going to be unbelievable steep first starting out. Keep it simple and don't worry about cheating until you can at least run on the lead lap. Best of luck to you.
    Last edited by Matt49; 06-30-2014 at 02:39 PM.

Not gonna sell him one, stock car???

Just messing with you, man. But I see what you're saying too...didn't consider that.

Unless he's the next "Cole Trickle", he's headed for a rude awakening! Agree?

Quote Originally Posted by drtrkr244 View Post
    Unless he's the next "Cole Trickle", he's headed for a rude awakening! Agree?
    Agree. Kart racing teaches you a lot of valuable things like racing in close quarters and reaction time because they are so quick but nothing prepares you for the rear-end action that a late model has (other than maybe a modified) and even with a crate motor there is quite a bit of power given how light the car is. It takes a lot of getting used to and really takes some coaching if you can find it. I was lucky enough to have some old local veterans give some pointers that helped a bunch early on. Without some guidance, I'd still be out there doing donuts :-)

No doubt! Good kart racers make good race car drivers. But it takes some experience before you can jump into a dlm. Example, EPJ. He won a ton of races and championships in karts, before moving into OWM's and then dlm's.

Try these guys: http://techwest.ipower.com/index.html

When you get going, come back on this thread and give updates on your venture.
    Last edited by DaveBauerSS6; 07-04-2014 at 11:29 PM.
    Gator Engineering

Thumbs down

[QUOTE=decrate61;1820163]Could have sworn I asked about an MSD box with a wireless remote. Not an opinion session on my driving ability. I'll handle my side of things. I just know what I want and need to be competitive in a class that's "supposed" to be equal but isn't.[/QUO

There was no mention of your driving ability.
    Why is an pavement pecker head trolling on a dirt racing forum?
    This your sponsor?

Now I am a d!ckhead like you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jedclampit; 07-07-2014 at 11:57 AM.

"Not to be a dik" but.....ole Bloomer cheated and he's a winner. Same with Jimmy Owens. haha. See, cheaters are winners!

Wasn't there a fellow in Georgia that had one that could be controlled from the ground by bouncing the signal off of cell phone satellites in space? I think it was powered by Snodgrass or something.

Don't waste your time on the "Tech West" stuff, I have caught two of them and I know of others that have been caught also. With the tools that MSD gives us to use its very easy to catch it. Think about what your wanting to do before you get caught and can't race your new car no place, because you tried to cheat.

Instead of buying a cheated up MSD box, use that money to go to a driving school or a seminar just for late models. Depending where you are located, there are some options around. That's what I did and it's help my learning curve alot with this past year being my first full year in a late model.

There are many types of traction units out there. Very easy to get away with. Stay away from wheel speed units since if anyone knows their head from there asse in racing can easily see this. The good TC system is a plug in chip that can be tuned for rpm spikes and sensitivity. But to not get caught you need to simply unplug and replace chip after a run. Btw you will ALWAYS be faster with a car that handles beautifully when you have TC vs not. It's the 1/100ths that turns into 1/10ths. But I'd seriously come down to reality and make sure you start understanding technology in the cars (shocks, chassis adjustments, tire wear patterns, ballast placement , etc) before thinking Karting skills alone will get you to the front. You have one small part of the equation. Good luck.

Out with the old and in with the new. MSD has come out with a new box that can't be tampered with. 8727ct. I race with guys with the cheated up boxes and enjoy out handling them. In fact some tracks i race i will stay off of box with my right foot. Handling is horse Power. Save your money with boxes and tc and invest more time in shop. Just my 2 cents.

RaceTechKs

I would like to Thank you for advertising my company during the 2014 season. Every time you posted something about TechWest Racing Services this year we ended up with increased sales of our products or services. Keep up the great work we look forward to the 2015 racing season!
    Pat Collins
    TechWest Racing Services
    MSDŽIgnition Upgrade / Repair/ Technical Support
    8904 Sutherland Dr
    Huntersville,NC. 28078
    704-995-4286
    techwest@techwestracing.com
    www.techwestracing.com

TechWest: Your stuff is a joke. Its so easy to catch its not funny. I have caught it, The guys at I-80 caught it and a few other Tech Officials I know have caught your stuff. Your tune up stuff you sell is a joke and I hope no one wastes their time or money buying your stuff. And with the new box that MSD now has only the old MSD Boxes will work with your junk. But guess what 2016 is the year we will start requiring the new Rev Control, so you better make your money now....because you are out of business....LMBO......