Default Tall rear springs

What's the advantage of running tall rear springs like 16 inch if your just going to run raised buckets to set your ride heights lower

I would like to know this as well. I have seen some major gains using these and I don't know the reason.

Allows the spring to not go into coil bind so easily... more distance between each other.
    Josh K.

On the left rear it keeps the tire loaded when the car rolls over, if your spring is short and it rolls up and off the spring you have no bite untill the car transfer's the weight back to it.

The spring is in a state of rebound it rebounds no more or no less WEIGHT based off of that if its a 16" 200 or a 11" 200 or a 13" 200. Bite isn't determined by spring rate or spring height bite is determined by chassis height. If you come off your spring however it will allow it to free fall when you lift. A taller spring has more distance between the coils and will take more travel to coilbind it and it will also rebound the spring a great distance for the same about of weight that is rebounded off it, so in that case that corner will be hiked higher for the same amount of transfer. It does not however transfer any more or any less weight into the LR for the same height. Hiked cars load with bars and CG changes non hiked cars load through springs as a rule of thumb