Thread: Gauge location

Default Gauge location

I'm running a camaro I wanted to see if anyone had a pic of their tach and gauge location wanted some ideas before I mount all of mine. I had a fire my
    Last race so I've got to redo all the wiring Thanks

put them where you can easily see them, turn them so all needles point straight up when at normal operation. I needles aren't up, something wrong

And buy the warning lights. They are cheap compared to an engine. If they come on you know to look at you gauges. In my opinion its hard to monitor you gauges like you should when racing.

Thanks I do have the "idiot" lights over near the steering wheel so I can see them.

Could any of you help refer me to a simple diagram. Im just not that savvy with wiring. I have Oil press with warning light, water temp ( and there is a light for it as well but I cant figure out how it works with the gauge ) and fuel pressure gauge. They are procomp autometer gauges with an autometer tach, non digital, going to an HEI. So power switch, push button starter, solenoid and gauges is all Ive got. Any help is great.

You have to have sensors. You run your hot wire to the light and the other side goes to the sensor. Both sensors are attached to the block which will provide he ground when temp passes a certain point or oil pressure drops.

Thanks Bud but that doesnt really tell me anything. I understand the sensor tied into the oil pressure light but there isnt one for the water temp, just the sending unit. So Im thinking that what I was looking at that came with the car was wrong too. I need a diagram to be sucessful with this I think

For water temp light, you have to install a water temp sensor( available at any parts store) in the motor. Usually in the head or intake. Wire one side of the light to 12v + and the other terminal to the wTer temp sensor. When the sensor reaches warning temp, the light comes on

There is a sending unit, so your saying this is seperate not in line like a fuel pressure or oil pressur sensor would be? Also how do you hook up EVERY SINGLE OTHER WIRE?

We have some great LED replacement gauge bulbs. Check them out: http://www.ledfootproducts.com/produ...reme-led-bulb/
    Follow us!

Quote Originally Posted by ledfootproducts View Post
    We have some great LED replacement gauge bulbs. Check them out: http://www.ledfootproducts.com/produ...reme-led-bulb/
    I question any retailer that has no address or phone number.
    Gator Engineering

buy a gauge panel that is prewired, and a switch plate that is prewired. hook them up to a power source and you are done. they come with all sensors, lights and sensors
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

That's what I was gonna post, JAD! Those make life whole lot simpler!