Default Mastersbilt smack down slick track help

Looking for some slick track help for our 08smackdown. Been reading on past post and spring and shocks are pretty close to what I have seen, but bar location is throwing me for a loop. Car is pretty good on entry and threw center, just as I am getting back to throttle there is no forward bite. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If you figure something out please let me know...I have the same car and realistically the same issue. If there's any traction available it seems great. Once it burns off, I get killed on corner exit. What did you mean by "bar location is throwing me for a loop?" Do you mean your starting points or where to adjust them to? I have a steel block and am not getting much more than 53.2% tail weight. I've thought of increasing that but don't know that it will make that much of a difference (I don't see anyone else adding lead to their car like I do, just fuel).

Quote Originally Posted by Sbrdsr View Post
    Looking for some slick track help for our 08smackdown. Been reading on past post and spring and shocks are pretty close to what I have seen, but bar location is throwing me for a loop. Car is pretty good on entry and threw center, just as I am getting back to throttle there is no forward bite. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Be sure that it's not side bite you are needing !! I had a07 that did the same thing and after I sold it I was trying to help the guys with it !! After watching it I saw that when on the gas the RR was lifting a lot on it causing it to unload the RR spring under power & turning the RR sidewall loss making it unload the side bite only under power!! We added reb to rr shock & lower RR top bar angle to help it !! Could also soften RR spring & maybe work on stiffening the LF up to keep that RR loaded alittle more !!hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    If you figure something out please let me know...I have the same car and realistically the same issue. If there's any traction available it seems great. Once it burns off, I get killed on corner exit. What did you mean by "bar location is throwing me for a loop?" Do you mean your starting points or where to adjust them to? I have a steel block and am not getting much more than 53.2% tail weight. I've thought of increasing that but don't know that it will make that much of a difference (I don't see anyone else adding lead to their car like I do, just fuel).
    Our Smackdown always liked 54 to 55 rear, 53.8 to 54 left, We were indexing on the L rear and 125lbs on the traction shock. Liked that car as it always responded well to adjustments till we busted it up a few weeks ago.

Agree with hp also, esp. the indexing on the LR. Our Smack also liked a 350 spring in the first hole on the fifth coil.

Thanks hp and drtrkr. When you say the "first hole" on the fifth coil, do you mean the one closest to the rear end (shortening the distance)? I've only run mine in the longer location (right around 35-36"). I've actually softened it down to a 250# spring (I'm rather limited on HP), and it seems better. I'll probably increase the tail weight too, but I just hate rolling across the scales so heavy (I can get it to 53.5% and be right around 2400 lbs). Give the car what it needs though...

We started with a 325 in second hole from rearend and changed to 350 in the first hole when tracked slicked off. To tighten entry, we moved RR shock to inside mount(more angle).It took 20 rounds on our Ohlins to get ride height right.Also, we would lower jbar on pinion to bottom on our twm climber mount.Sometimes we did all these adj. depending on how slick the track got. Good luck!

You may want to look at ballast height instead of treating it as a single plane item. Polar moment is a powerful thing.

Thanks hp and drtrkr. When you say the "first hole" on the fifth coil, do you mean the one closest to the rear end (shortening the distance)? I've only run mine in the longer location (right around 35-36"). I've actually softened it down to a 250# spring (I'm rather limited on HP), and it seems better. I'll probably increase the tail weight too, but I just hate rolling across the scales so heavy (I can get it to 53.5% and be right around 2400 lbs). Give the car what it needs though...
    for the most part on the 5th coil,bigger springs for lower hp and softer for big engines(big engines tend to hammer the tires harder)if you have a lower hp car you should be able to get after the gas pretty good
    of coarse everything needs to be with in reason

I understand being light and I can adjust weight with ride heights to some extent but it takes time and experiance or you may completely screw up the car. Using spacers and rearend side to side placement can help on left side percentages also but again it was, at least in my experiance, a learning process and not somthing to try and explain without physicaly being there doing it or all I would do is screw you up. Many times you are better off with 50 lbs of lead than lighter on the stop watch. JMHO

hpmaster and drtrkr244 The indexing your talking about. Is that left upper bar down on the birdcage end? We are having the same problem when it gets slick. As Sbrdsr says are shock and springs and wheel weights are right in line.

YEAH...Down on birdcage end. As far as wheel weights, we ran standard set up from Mastersbilt

Thanks ...How far down did you go?

Depends on track conditions. Sometimes all the way.

Thanks... our local track is usually slick in hot laps and just gets worse.

Quote Originally Posted by drtrkr244 View Post
    Depends on track conditions. Sometimes all the way.
    What is your left top bar angle after indexing?