Default GRT front end geometry?

My friend has a 1997 GRT with all updates done to date. This car was never built until last year. He just bought the car and saw that spindles are not correct for car. What front end parts should be on it to make it work for today not 1997? Talked to GRT and they were of no help! Very rude every time even when dropping a grand in purchases. I have taken all the measurements of the front suspension mount points. what will go on and work with the least amount of modification. I just want to help him have a drivable car that can be adjusted and will turn. He does not have that now.

you probably need to get out the tape measure and plumb bobs and scale the front end out, ie find roll centers, instant centers and so forth and go from there. I know exactly what you are saying about joe garrison and crew, a total bunch of azz holes, only met them once in Memphis a few years back , that was all I needed to know about them, you also might give tony ford at TNT race cars in tn a call, he did work with some of those late 90s grt cars, I think tnt is in Johnson city or piny flats tn

the best front end in my opinion is the 02 with fryes rf spindle,tnt has a great car,there just not to many people running super in them,tony and jenson always take time to talk,they have a great product and its priced right,he can also make the spindels for that car if needed

K&L Motorsports / Contact: Tom
    Maple Park, IL
    630-365-2887

"They are all just a 84 Rayburn anyways!" There is some truth to that famous quote.

Thats probably the truest thing ever said on this forum lol

where can you get the frye rf spindle and what size uppers and lowers should I run with this set up

On an older GRT I put 1.25" tubes in place of the standard upper A frame mounts and bought Lazer sliders. Then plotted the front end geometry on a Auto Ware front end program, improving RC, bump steer and front end movement. It greatly improved the handling and the cost for the sliders, computer program and tubes was less than $300.00. I like the round Lazer sliders better than the rectangle GRT ones because they will slip and twist on the tube and not damage the chassis if hit hard but do not slip under normal use.
    Last edited by hpmaster; 07-24-2014 at 08:02 AM.