Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sounds like electrical to me. Make sure you have sufficient engine grounds, also try unhooking the tach. I have seen this happen on rare occasions. Also, may want to try by-passing the battery shut-off switch, and/or replacing your ignition toggle switch, another commonly over-looked thing. If electrical system checks all good, I would do a cylinder leak-down test, way, way better than a compression test. Good luck!
    Last edited by dirtplay18; 07-18-2014 at 11:26 AM.

Engine ran decently for about 6 laps in the heat race, still smoked until lap 7, then we put on a real smoke show. She gone. Lol

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by HRGraphics View Post
    Engine ran decently for about 6 laps in the heat race, still smoked until lap 7, then we put on a real smoke show. She gone. Lol
    Oh well, that's a part of racing and the reason they make backup engines.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh well, that's a part of racing and the reason they make backup engines.
    Just some oil pan vent holes

But in all seriousness, that really stinks. Hope you get up and going again!
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car

Quote Originally Posted by 72Dubya View Post
    Just some oil pan vent holes

But in all seriousness, that really stinks. Hope you get up and going again!
    For sure, looking for that racers edge! Lol. We were expecting it to go soon with the issues we are having. It let us know it was about to go with a he'll of a rackett. There's water throughout the entire block and under the valve covers we are tearing it apart now. We have a engine almost ready to drop in if these heads check out good again.

Hate to see that, better luck with the new bullet...Mike

For sure, looking for that racers edge! Lol. We were expecting it to go soon with the issues we are having. It let us know it was about to go with a he'll of a rackett. There's water throughout the entire block and under the valve covers we are tearing it apart now. We have a engine almost ready to drop in if these heads check out good again.
    I would check the coil bind on those heads before I ran them again. May just transfer the problem even if its a new cam.
    Gator Engineering

Quote Originally Posted by DaveBauerSS6 View Post
    I would check the coil bind on those heads before I ran them again. May just transfer the problem even if its a new cam.
    Everything below the intake is junked! That's okay though we will be back out Saturday even stronger, I appreciate the help men!

For anyone curious what happened. 5 lifters and push rods are totally gone. Pieces of scrap are lifters, chaos went down inside of this engine. Lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

just a thought, Weak valve springs. Valve sucked open, it piston and boom