Default 434 stock block?

I'm sure this has been addressed, so links to other threads are welcome.

509 2 bolt block, will splay the main caps.

Will be 13.5:1, 4.155 bore, 4.000 stroke, AFR 220 ported heads.

Will the block hold it? Experiences either direction are welcome. Trying to decide if we NEED to spend the $$ on Dart block, etc.

Thanks

Spend the money now on an SHP block or spend it later on one.Stock 400 blocks are not worth spending all the money on boreing,honeing and splayed caps.The main webs in the block is the weakness.

Agree 100% ...By the time you bore/hone/line hone your stock block, it wont cost a whole lot more to buy a block made for race engines! The stock blocks can't seem to take the higher compressions.

Here is a another agreement with the above 2. SHP block at least.

if you are gone use the stock block, use moroso hard block filler and fill the water jackets up to the bottom of the freeze plugs, be sure to wash block out with muriatic acid first to prepare inside of block, then fill one side one day, let set, and do other side the next day, this greatly strengthens mains. weve had these blocks stand 600 plus hp with 2 bolt mains and a stud girdle. I do agree an aftermarket block is a lot stronger, but there a lot heavier also, the weight was the reason we did this, im a ford man but work on any engine, and the friend I helped with this did very well with this combo in steel block, aluminum head specs in dlm, hope this helps you.