Default Is This What You Want To See When You Go To The Races

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbO00XXFACQ

Is this what some of you want to see when you go to the races or watch on TV? Some say stock car racing, especially NASCAR, has become to sanitized and some activity like what we see in the video would bring fans back to the track and make racing more "exciting"

Let the point-counterpoint begin!

How often do you get to see two guys demo two perfectly good race cars?

On your question. No this is not what I go to see. I want to see what the drivers can do with their cars to win. I want to see a good race between a pack of cars or even just two drivers. Even if it's for last place.

That track looks more suited to go carts. lol

Maple Park, IL. Home of Sycamore Speedway!!

Not sure Clayton if you are trying to point out the choo chooing that was going on, or the two guys trying to kill each other?? If it is was the two who was having their own privet demo derby... Hey that kind of stuff packs the stands at Sycamore!! If you're talking about the train on the track, that also packs the stands at eldora!! Not sure what the problem is here buddy
    Scott Bloomchrist... The Lord, and Ruler of DIRT!!

"Hope everybody appreciated that ass kicking"
    -Scott Bloomquist

Phil

That was stupid!!!! Them racers there got more cents than sense. Rich people and their ways.

I also do not care to witness this type of stupidity when I make an effort to attend any racetrack to actually see a race. However, according to those who attend this track (Bowman Gray Stadium) on a regular basis it is jam packed with spectators every week.

I was just curious as to how many here believe this stupidity is entertaining.

There are those who believe the promoter of this track actually pays these guys to carry on like this. I have no proof of this but judging by what is seen in the video and some others, that may well be a possibility.

There are also those who would say that NASCAR, and maybe even some would contend that dirt late model racing, needs to allow their competitors to display a certain degree of this stupidity. That watching know how, skill and courage is not enough. That there needs to be a degree of WWE type nonsense to make it interesting.

Many years ago the drivers and teams self regulated themselves off the racetrack but it seems that doesn't happen much anymore.

belleclaire which is great track gets some fights going on and such and sometime the place is empty

what heck they are doing the lil asphalt track at charlotte is wider than bowman grey

There was a TV show a few years back about this track and those 2 drivers were featured.

I wouldn't walk across the street to Bowman Gray....they don't race there. they wreck there..... I think I have watched two of their races on TV, Once on Mad House and one K&N race, both crash derbies...don't need it....it ain't racing....

Facts are a percentage of people that go to a race are there for the wrecks and drama. So those two guys combined both and give that group of race goers what they want, I do not like those fans but they did pay for the ticket.
    Last edited by hpmaster; 07-22-2014 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by STRNGRTHANDIRT View Post
    There was a TV show a few years back about this track and those 2 drivers were featured.
    Those families been hatin on each other at that track long before the show madhouse came around.

My dad used to take me there in the 60s......saw a lot of famous racers there back then before anyone new they were famous( or gonna be)

It's a stadium, complete with what was a football field in the center back then.

I'd go back if I lived closer.......

What they were doing was just stupid in the video, but all the racing is not that way......if you've ever been to the stadium and seen a race there live, you would go back.

And litey, you may be right about the size between it and the inside track at Charlotte, but thing about it is, I'll bet BGS sees more fans in a year than does Charlotte.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

If your a promoter you probably don't mind because it help attendance but, if your a owner probably not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    That track looks more suited to go carts. lol
    No doubt! Although if the action on the track looked like that I am not certain I would even want to run a cart on it.

Not what I wish to go see, but listen to the crowd; they are eating it up. Reminds me of enduros, the crowd goes wild when a car smashes another.

I would be more concerned as a car sponsor and how this would reflect on my business's name and reputation. Although again, you weigh that against the 'exposure' it brings I suppose, just as the track promoter does.

I could see how even though the track is tight some good racing could take place. Personally, I prefer dirt and that can end up very similar to these yahoos!