Default lf spring question

the question is how much split can you run between the front springs we currently run a 525 on the left and a 350 on the right. we run a 08 masterbuilt and we are trying to get more side bite out of the car for the dry slick any suggetions thanks. Second we run a 350 pound spring on the lift bar what would softening or stiffing it do for drive.

whats on the rr???,it will help too,the above asks about 10 different questions and youll get 10 different answers,you can scale the car differently,springs,shocks,bar angles,lr drop,as far as the 5th coil,softer promotes more grip(on the slick because it doesnt hammer the tires)but it will hurt on a hooked up track,try to watch shock travel on your 5th coil,if its not traveling much go softer,if its bottoming out go stiffer,its all going to be a compromise,hope i didnt sound like a wise guy,but youll have to post your complete set up and your complaints(where in the corners,there are 3 spots in every corner)or the whole corner ect
    super,crate,all steal???

ive seen as much as a 600 on the lf but you just dont see that much anymore with todays shocks

Hi to answer some of the question first i will start with the springs 525 lf 350 rf 250 lr 200 rr. The four link suspension is left upper 3 dwn. left lower 2 up and the right side upper is 5 dwn. The lower is 3 up. the motor we are running is a 360 wissota engine. we need more traction from about the middle off last night the track was almost black and within 10 to twelve laps the car began to fade the right rear tire was pretty warm and the left rear was just warm. hope that answer some of your questions.

I think you're fine on front spring rates, but you could try a 225# RR and either a 200# or 225# LR. Your initial post was regarding sidebite, but in further description it sounds as if you're actually wanting to address a loose condition from the middle, off? How much bite do you have? What are your weight %'s? I'm rather limited on HP, but I feel my car (also an '08 Smackdown) is better with a 250# 5th coil in the slick. Do you have the ability to index your LU link on the birdcage as well (moving its mounting point closer to the axle)? If so, it helps keep the LR loaded more.
    Last edited by TheJet-09; 08-03-2014 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Added B-Cage Question

Regarding wheel weights lf 510 rf 513 648 lr rr544 rear percent 53% left side weight 53% and has 108 lbs of bite, we can go down on bird cage side.

Quote Originally Posted by 57m View Post
    Regarding wheel weights lf 510 rf 513 648 lr rr544 rear percent 53% left side weight 53% and has 108 lbs of bite, we can go down on bird cage side.
    It's been said before but it's worth saying again. Before you try to fix exit, be absolutely 100% sure that you're not too tight on entry. It's very easy to get these cars too tight and 85% of the time guys complain about no forward bite on exit, they are tight as a tank on entry. They snap the car at the center to get it to turn and then light up the tires and the rest is history. This is true even on low-HP applications.
    That being said, I agree completely with the softer 5th coil idea. It really seems to work well with low HP.
    But if it really is side bite that you want, consider going to a 225 RR or lowering your j-bar some on the pinion side. This last change can have a pretty drastic effect so, again, be sure you don't get your car too snug on entry. A car that is too tight on entry will never have good forward bite coming off.

we have never had any success with running anything under a 225 in the slick and i see your running a 200,2 things i see with your setup,if you want drive from the center off rf spring is where its at(stacked with lock nut,bump,or just more spring)the next thing is lets say your driving in hard and you let off for just a split second and she starts to spin out so you pick up the throttle but you just cant get after it??it could be a couple of things but if it doesnt have any rr spring hows it going to stick that tire??answer is it cant,5th coil with that style engine i would try a 300 but keep a check on your shock travel,
    also matt has made some very good points, also shocks can play a huge factor on the rf ,lr spring looks pretty heavy also
    Last edited by grt74; 08-03-2014 at 06:40 PM.

try 525lf,375rf,200lr,250rr,100lbs bite,this is a slick set up,%looks good,if its to tight on entry go to a 225rr
    i picked these springs because it looks like you have them already
    Last edited by grt74; 08-03-2014 at 06:44 PM.

would it work better to have a 200 lr and 225 would that also promote more drive and how would that change entry.

it will help the car get on the bars quicker,enrty maybe a tic tighter,if it is you can go up a hole on the rr bottom bar
    Last edited by grt74; 08-03-2014 at 06:48 PM.

hope i helped

yes this helps i appreciate the advise and will put it to good use thanks for the help.

well how did it do,any better ???

Sorry i have not been on here for a couple days. but yes this setup really put us in the right direction thanks for all the help. :-)