FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 23rd, 2014

Howard Moore Finishes One Spot Short of ASCS Sooner Triumph

Memphis, Tennessee (07/23/14) – Howard Moore did everything except win the feature event on Friday night at Creek County Speedway (Sapulpa, Oklahoma) as he came up one corner short of his first American Sprint Car Series (ASCS) Sooner Region win.

Via preliminary action Howard earned the second starting spot for the finale in his #40 Shortman Motorsports/Stinson's Industrial/Maxim Sprint Car. At the drop of the green flag he out-gunned fellow front row starter, Kyle Clark to the first corner.

Moore led the next twenty-four circuits before Mickey Walker made a daring final lap charge to take the top spot as the field came to the checkered flag. Moore settled for a second place finish with Dustin Morgan, Joe Wood Jr., and Sean McClelland rounding out the top five finishers.

"I won't lie that stung a bit to lead the whole race and lose it in the final corner, but I just chalked it up to a learning experience," said Moore. "I have to thank my family, my crew, my sponsors, and all of my fans because without them I wouldn't even have the opportunity to battle for wins."

Full results from the event are available at www.ASCSRacing.com .

Howard now turns his attention to one of his favorite events of the year as he will travel to his home track, Riverside International speedway (West Memphis, Arkansas) this Saturday for the annual Hooker Hood Classic. The $3,000-to-win event, which pays homage to the late great Sprint Car Hall of Famer traditionally draws a talented field of competitors to the famed, 1/4 mile oval. As a result a win in the coveted event holds great prestige. For more information on the event please visit www.RiversideInternationalSpeedway.com .

Howard Moore would like to thank all of his sponsors including Park Place Recycling, Superior Equipment, Spikner, Senter Farms, Bad Boy Mowers, Ronnie's Hot Rods, Dynamic Electric, Ti22 Performance Incorporated, ROCKHARD Powder Coating, Star Auto Sales, Spanky's Customs and Hot Rods, MotorStands.com, Butlerbuilt Seats, Bell Helmets, Huggins Cams, Racing Eclipse, Short Man Racing, Mike Ward Racing, Mike Wilkerson, Hernando Dental Group, Stinson Industrial, William & Dovey Huckaby, Roy Young, Engler Machine & Tool, Xtreme Race Graphics, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

Howard Moore is always looking for new sponsors and marketing partners. For more information as well as the latest news and updates, please visit www.HowardMooreRacing.com .