Default 03 rocket question

After a 30 lap race the tires are not hardly even warm. All feel the same. Seems like there is no side bite. I would think the rr should be hot. What would yalls thoughts be?

Pour the loud pedal to her!

On a serious note, it sounds like a balanced setup to me. If the RR is hot then it's usually not getting traction and just spinning. If both rears are equal, they're both doing the same amount of work, which is what you want. Unless the car is ill handling, I wouldn't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by steelkiwi75 View Post
    After a 30 lap race the tires are not hardly even warm. All feel the same. Seems like there is no side bite. I would think the rr should be hot. What would yalls thoughts be?
    Try some softer rubber, or dime thickness deep sipes if on a hard compound rule.

Jed, we r running ar23's and they are cut up pretty good but could probably use some new ones. And thanks for the setup book.

if your running clarys that track is good on tires. the ar23 and ar12 on my car were always about 95-110 degrees after a 30 lap race and all should be a within a few degrees. get a temp gun best 35 bucks i spent at harbor frieght. when i was running it was almost my favorite tool as a driver. i would think i feel a tick tight off. come in and check the tires and my lr and rf would be like 10 degrees hotter than rr. and id say yep its tight and loosen it up and id be pretty good in feature. that setup book is great i ran that basic setup and never changed it but shock valving and maybe uo or down on j bar 1/2 from condition to condition.

Quote Originally Posted by jedclampit View Post
    Try some softer rubber, or dime thickness deep sipes if on a hard compound rule.
    Agreed! Sipes, especially lateral sipes help build heat. Are you on a tire rule?
    Owner/Blogger/Crash Test Dummy
    www.nextlevellatemodel.com

ar 23 is softest tire you can get resonably, basic same as a ar12 . we dont usually do much to em bc they are already so soft. maybe they are grooved to much and are staying cool? keep tweaking that setup with the manual and compare your tires with other competitors at your track. try not to groove the 12/23 too much that helps cool them down and maybe by the time your in the pits they have lost thier heat. if you are just looking for more side bite try lowering l/s percent and raising j bar 1/2 inch on frame.