Thread: Buzzard Chassis

Default Buzzard Chassis

Been looking at purchasing a buzzard leaf mod does anybody have previous experience with these? How is the tech support and how well do they work?

i agree - forget the leaf unless it is almost free and that is all the budget allows. lots of good cars out there for $4k mark

I'm running a leaf car right now has good drive and side bite I like it. Haven't had any issues with the leafs. The downfall of the car I have now is the front end is still stock metric which is a joke so just looking to get a car with an updated front suspension.

You can get the front end updated for a whole lot cheaper than it would be to buy a different car and move everything over from your car to the new one, and some parts wont fit from one car to the next, so that's just extra $$$ you have to spend. But I agree with the above, leaf spring tech is too far behind 2,3 and 4 bar cars now a days.
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car

We run against 3-links with a solid pullbar no spring and they have to run the panhard bar behind the rear end so they are not too advanced either once I got the right leafs and the right setup I haven't had any drive issues even on the slick other than the front end not wanting to stick as good as it could.

Can't argue with that. But if you find a good local car fabricator or you can get a chassis builder to help, you can probably get your front end updated for a lot less than buying a different car.
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car

I would get it updated but I'm trying to get away from the metric front end they just aren't as good as either the chevelle or the crown vic stub.

I have heard good things about the Buzzard cars with leafs.

I'm certainly no expert on chassis set-ups but I know leaf cars do pretty good on tacky and bumpy tracks.

I believe the racing world would be better off anyway running a heavy tracks like we had years ago. These dry slick dust bowls that many guys have to race on today do nothing to improve competition or bring new fans to the track.

I hope to have my leaf WISSOTA super stock back on the track in 2015. While I don't have the $$$ to buy or build new I think this car can still be competitive on the smaller tracks that we'll run at….

I was thinking the issue was more with the front end being stock metric still has the metric lowers and the stock upper control arm mounts with a lot of anti dive and not very good bump steer.

Buzzard cars work very well. If you have a metric stub leaf car it needs converted to nova lowers and 1 inch spacers to make the car work. The buzzards work very well on the chevelle stub and if you call them they will help you. If you are running a class that limits suspension and horsepower, the leaf car will do well.

do you have to run stock lower a arms, or can you run tubular lowers?
    You are correct there I would be major benefits to you changing the front end of what you have, if you are happy with your car otherwise.
    If you can run tubular lowers, call Donnie at Lightning Chassis, he has a very good metric front end with Ford style tubular lowers. You would have to cut all your mounts off, weld in a jack plate, and his brackets, but it would be well worth it.
    He also has a very good metric/nova geometry if you have to run stock lower a arms.
    606 878 7223
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

We have to run stock lowers. I have been looking into getting a car built on the ford crown vic stub as their geometry is supposedly even better than the chevelle.

Lots of good info here… great job guys.