Default Trakstar chassis help

This is an 06 chassis... Ohlins gas shocks. Running on 3/10 mile track.. Car will not scotch on RR.. CAN NOT get back to throttle. Acts as if just lights up the tires..this is a 604 crate..here is what I got..LS % IS 53.5. REAR% AT 54%... Lf 525 , lr 225 RF 375,, RR 225. 5TH COIL 325 AT 36 INCHES out.. Running 75# bite..4 1/2 inches of stagger.. I have moved right side bars down with no change.. Put LTR UP a hole... Have adjusted rebound in lf and RR but nothing.. Getting frustrated.. Lol

I am not a chassis man but what I hear from customers with similar complaints is that either the driveshaft is too long and bottoming out in the trans or a bearing has gone bad in a bird cage

Brad

If that doesn't work , double that bite # . Just because its a crate doesn't mean it may not need bite.

Call Mike or Jamie, they are always glad to help their customers. I will say back when I ran an 11 trakstar, I was either on a 350 rf or in the 200's on a bump with a lot more bite 150+. Other areas to look at are a birdcage problem as someone else stated or what length is your Jbar? I tried running a longer bar once 21-22" instead of the 18 3/4" an it killed the cars traction.

Thanks guys for the advice.. My j-bar is 19 1/4 in length per setup sheet.. Its 9 1/4 inches on frame and bottom on pinion.. I'm just lost on what else to do and what u guys suggested I will definitely look into and ck..and just curious,, what do u guys think about these cars? As far as I know I'm the only person I know of running one here in NC..

Your correct on JBar length Im sure I'm just trying to go off memory. They are good cars and make really good crate cars, they have a lot of wins in my area (AL,FL,MS). I beleive 06 was the first year they built them. But like a said call Mike he can definitely get you pointed in the right direction.

Put a 250 in lr 100 bit. All so put iron stands set bird cages on stands unhook 5th coil work 5th arm to make sure u don't have any binds .if I can b any more help pm me.PS what chassis # do u have

Call Mike or Jamey at TrakStar in Cuba Alabama. They have a handle on their cars and know crate cars better than anyone around.

Thanks guys for the input.. I did talk to Mike this week..and he gave me some ideas and guidelines to go with.. They are a bunch of nice guys.. I really enjoy talking to them and getting good feedback from them.. Definitely will be staying with His chassis for years to come. Very happy with them..

Your left % is pretty low, but other than that your numbers look solid. I would start looking for a part gone bad that isn't letting the suspension or drivetrain work efficiently

- Damaged shocks
    - Frozen ball joints
    - ball spline clearance

You might put the car up on blocks and jack the car up just forward of the LR tire to the car close to a race attitude. Maybe the clearance issue or stuck part isn't obvious when the car is at ride height, but can be seen when the car is "rolled up."
    Owner/Blogger/Crash Test Dummy
    www.nextlevellatemodel.com

Thanks Garrettshurling, I havent had the chance to race with new setup and all since all the rain we have had last couple weeks here in NC. But i will definitely check clearance issue that you advised. As for the 53.5 Left %, Trakstar suggested 53.2-53.3%.. but i have always ran 54-54.3%... but we shall see... Weather looks good for this weekend around here and see what we can do and let you guys know... Thanks again for all the input and advice guys!!

Your very welcome! I pm'd you my email. Will you let me know how it goes?
    Owner/Blogger/Crash Test Dummy
    www.nextlevellatemodel.com

Listen to Mike Boland before anyone else. Just for your information TrakStar is well ahead of all other chassis makers for it's 4th chassis builders Championship in NeSmith Weekly Racing Series this year. I would figure with all the wins by his cars he has a better handle on them than anyone else. TrakStar is in 1st with 28 wins, GRT is 2nd with 20 wins and Rocket is 3rd with 19 wins. Not a bad record against some very respected cars.
    Last edited by hpmaster; 08-13-2014 at 09:34 AM.