Thread: Offset Help

Default Offset Help

I know this is a stupid question but Im kinda new to the whole wheel offset on the cars. Past 2 years I always ran 3in offset all the way around. This year I been trying to learn the set up side of everything to help with the car. Everybody at the track talks about how they put different offsets on the car to help it. Just wondering what the offsets do when you go up or down. Thanks

How is your cars handling as it is? If its working for you, don't worry what the next guy is doing. JMO.

The car goes into the turns great but half way in the turn it starts pushing up the track hard

Hey, the offset of the RR can tighten or loosen the car up. WHen the track is wet, pushing the right rear OUT can help, as pull IN the right rear when its dry slick or rubbered down. Pushing like that need less cross and more stagger. If its going in less RF spring. Check camber. Check the bushings on rear end, a bad couple of bushings in there' under power it will go twards the wall.
    good luck with it!

Thanks for the help. I know the car needs scaled in a bad way but dont have the funds right at the moment to get a set and nobody arond where i live races to even have a set to help me with. I put brand new bushings shocks and springs in the rear.

Just an idea. Try and find a set of grain scales to get you started. Alot cheaper than electronic scales. The bottom line,if you wana win races you need some way to scale your race car.