Thread: DW8 base setup

Default DW8 base setup

I am looking for a modern setup. We have a 3 link mod that is allowed to run 16 in bars, solid pull bar, 9:1motorand kk704 tires.Looking for angles, shock rates, spring rates,, etc...

Smile

I had one a couple years ago. Springs were 650 lf 600 rf 200 lr 150 rr. This was on a 3/8 mile 10 degree banked track. I always ran the right rear bar in the bottom hole. The lr bar would be in the top two holes. I also cut the chassis bar out from under the left side of the rear end. Then bent and welded in a bar that gave an additional 2 1/2 inches of travel for more hike and roll steer. I did get rid of the j-bar and went with a short straight bar off the left side of the pinion plate. I loved my DW8. They are a very forgiving car.
    Last edited by dirtracerl77; 05-08-2014 at 12:30 PM. Reason: more info

We are running a 1/3 mile with not much banking...I will look at removing that bar. We need more hike and roll steer for sure. That why I am looking for a modern setup.

I am running the same basic setup on my dw8. My question is if i move the lr bar up do i also lengthen it to keep rear square at ride height or let it pull the lr forward.

Lengthen it so you keep the rear square