Default transmission question

I have a 02 rayburn that has a 2650 stroker motor in it. motor is pulling over 300 horsepower and the transmissions cant handle it. running the 4 speed pinto transmissions. is there any way i can beef up the transmission or is there a better route i need to take with this. thanks any help is appreciated

Some food for thought.

You are at a major decision point for reliability. If you haven't looked into it, you could check the stats for the transmissions used behind the 302 in the 74 - 78 mustangs, but I am not sure they will stand up to the HP & torque stated. The 302's were rated ery low in HP in those years.

Another option is to buy the 302 bell housing adapter for the 2.3l, the zero balanced 302 flywheel, the 302 clutch, pressure plate & bearing, and a 302 bell housing. Then you can run a variety of high HP & torque transmissions. Unfortunately, it all depends on how thick your wallet is and what reliability you are looking to have.

BVS40FL thatonewont really work since it is only rated at 190 bhp. Billb56 whatwould that cost i was thinking going with the bert trans set up if need be. right now its tearing teeth off from 2nd gear every couple weeks

When I did the conversion a few years ago it cost approximately $750 to 1g. Also that included a new set of headers as the typical header available at the time would not clear the 302 bell housing. Now, there is a cheaper solution. Check out the following as it may be a better option. It still isn't cheap!

Note: The bellhousings are $678.99; Quick time RM-4058

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/qti-rm-4058

http://www.jegs.com/i/Quick-Time-Bel...-4058/10002/-1

That set up in the jegs / summit catalog looks like the way to go if you want bert or brinn . That is a very good idea . I had no idea that those were available.

ok yeah im looking at a bert trans tired of blowing trans out dont think much else will hold up to 350 horses in this thing. im running 9200 rpm and its killing the transmissions

Your welcome!!!!!!!!

Have you thought about using a T5. The 4cyl models come with 2.14, 2.34 or 2.37 2nd gear ratios. The V8 transmissions have 1.93, 1.94 and 1.99 2nd gear ratios. The input shaft has to be turned down so it will fit in the pilot bearing.

i doubt you are 300-350hp with a 2650,but regardless,as mentioned get a world class T5,they are pretty stout,and cheaper than a bert/brinn
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com