Question valve adjustment

Just what is the proper way and setting to adjust the valves on a Chevy 355 with anti pump-up lifters? We have to run hyd cam and lifters. I have been told to run 0 lash and others have said go down 1/4 from 0 lash. If I go down 1/4 turn from 0 lash, tighten my lock screw and torque the adjusting nut to 30#, the valves are alittle tighter than the 1/4 turn. Just what is the correct way? We have poly locks and roller rockers with guide plates.

the way i do it is set at 0 hold nut,set allan then pull both together 1/8

I have never played around with anti-pump-up lifters, just solids and stock hyd. I adjusted these and allowed a little clearance, had to do a Mustang like that with a roller, aluminum heads and roller rockers. This engine just lost it on top end with a little clearance. They had about .005 clearance. It would stop pulling at around 6600 rpm's. It used to still be pulling strong at 7200. Yesterday, took the valves down to .002, held the adjusting nut, tightened the set screw and then torqued the adjusting nut to 30#. They all fell like they are about 0 lash now. Trying to get my top end power back. Of course, we found 1 spark plug wire almost burned in two, that did not help.