Default 2300 running issue!

Alright got a mustang 2.3 the problem is it runs fine In the shop but I took it to the track and at first it runs fine then after a lap or so it will start sputtering coming off the corners then a few laps later it has nothing in the corners but runs fine on the other end. It's like it is loading up but have went down in jets and adjusted float. Any help will be appreciated thanks

Just had a car do the same thing. check entire fuel system, filter, tank, clean out fuel lines. check your accelerator pump what carb is this.

Sounds like you have a pullover issue in the carb.

We have a similar issue , which started lastnight, only coming into the corner on turn 1 and not turn 3. When you let off the gas it stalls, back on the gas and it goes 4 or 5 lengths and refires and runs strong. Lost the race because of this, it seems funny that it won't do it in 3 and 4.

the carb is a holley 500cfm. lastnight the car was a lot better but still hesitant coming off. we had to go down in jets I put 62 jets in it and changed distributor cap, button, wires, and plugs. I have to get a different carb running correctly because a 500 is illegal. have to run a 350 I have a built 350 but it runs really bad so iv got a guy cleaning it and going through it to try and figure it out. im going to go through the fuel system this week and hopefully have the 350 running correctly. and what do you mean a pullover issue? thanks, tommy

Pullover is an issue that is related to running a carb on a 4cylinder circle track engine. It happens when the squirters keep pushing fuel into the bowl even after they are not supposed to. There is a harmonic/vibration/vacuum issue with 4cyl engines that is rarely seen on a V8. It causes the engine to studder, bog, and run terrible at certain RPMs

i had the pull over issue fixed it by taking the squirter body of and drilling a .014 hole in the body opposite side of the squirters and just below the level of the squirters
    Miller

Another thing to check. Whether a 350 or 500 Holley 2-bbl. With the carb at your desired idle rpm, let the engine warm up slightly. Shut down the engine and remove the carb. Look upward at the throttle blades from the bottom. If the blades are properly positioned at idle, you should observe about a .020"x.020" section of the transfer-slot showing below the throttle blades. If too much of the transfer-slot is showing, when you get out of the throttle going into a corner, the high vacuum off-throttle will pull excessive fuel out of the transfer-slot going into the corner & the engine will immediately go 'pig rich'. Get back into the throttle mid-turn and the engine will 'stumble', or possibly shut down if it's really, really rich. -Dave-

I would check for air leaks from the fuel cell. Check all fittings including the one in the fuel cell.

Another thing is the fuel pump. If you are running a electric it may not pump enough volume to feed the carb at WOT. The bowl gets low and there is no fuel covering the jets for a second or two. The fuel fills back up and the motor gets running again. Sounds to me that is the problem, the pump is just not filling the bowl enough and it takes a few laps for the bowl to get to the point where the level is low.

Did anyone with this issue ever get it resolved? Just encountered it myself this weekend. it was good for about a lap, then it started in..