Thread: Gear Help?????

Default Gear Help?????

I am running a 168 tran in second and a 390 gear which comes out to 655 total. Rpms only 6700 does have 7000 chip. Most people are running a 626 and are hitting the chip every now and then. There nothing binding and the car runs with the best of them. It just got me baffle. Any ideas

It should be hitting chip at half to 3/4 straightaway. it should turn 7400 with the gear we have. thanks

Gears are like women. Different strokes for different folks. How tight is your suspension? Sounds like your tighter than a whore's heart and your getting beat through the corners.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

Valvesprings.

So you saying the springs maybe to stiff? I will talk to my Engine builder and see what he thinks. Thanks for the replys.

The 7000 chip will start shutting you down when you hit 6700. If you want to hit 7000 rpm, try a 7200 or 7300 chip. Also, running in 2nd to get your final ratio will might be contributing...tranny experts will have to confirm this, but I think you're turning more mass doing that.

Mine is turning 6700 and not hitting the chip. Just is baffling. This is the second motor this year and the other one wouldnt turn but 6600 or 6700 and it was wore out. I thought that the reason the other came apart was because the tach was no right. so i put a rev box on it just to make sure. but same rpms.only thing i havent changed is the distributor. Everything good on it. As long as i running up front i not really going to worry bout it. I just would like to figure it out.