Thread: Bms ride height

Default Bms ride height

I'm running a 08 bms with under slung and I'm running in ump and I can't find ride heights to run with Hoosier tires so I was wondering if anyone who's ran a bms with Hoosiers tires got any information on where to to set ride heights

Call joel at close racing he will help u

We got the info from BMS with our 06 car for 6 inch on both fronts and 2 3/4 on the rr

That's what I got too I'm trying to figure out what they prefer for the LR

We run Hoosiers which set the car ride heights so we set the front at 7 on both sides and left the right rear 2 3/4 and we adjusted the left side to 3/4 taller then the right side and it was bout 25 left rear bite without driver and 47 left rear bite with driver... I was also wondering if anyone know how long the chain is suppose to be. Bms tells us 19 inches but 19 inches has way too much slack in it wear it can get caught on something

I wrapped it up with 3 layers of duct tape and it still has a lot of slack where it can touch the spring a little bit when it's not hiked

That's fine. It won't hurt anything

Default Chain drop

I run 18-1/4-18-1/2 in mine what will 19 do for the car?

Generally, looser on exit. The lr moves forward, increasing roll oversteer.

Default Chain drop

With 18-1/4" my ltb is at 48* if i add another 3/4" to the drop should i drop the bar down a hole on frame to stay close to the 46* that everyone recomends or let it be around 52*?

Steering geometry and chassis roll are more about drivability. Steering geometry and chassis roll should be calculated first. Once configured, the moment centers and center of mass height needs to be designed around the geometry and roll. Remember weight transfer during cornering is not what we are looking for. The weight transfer we are looking to obtain is more front to rear for forward drive and corner entry. Obtaining that transfer is dependent upon center of mass movement on exit and entey
    Find me on Facebook: Impetus Dirt Racing Technologies

Default Chain drop

Thanks Jeff for speaking english to me lol. Hows that grt?

Hate to say it but I agree with stock car driver about watching the LR for frame contact. I have also come across BMS chassis's having some rear wheel hop

Default Chain drop

I will do. Thanks My car is good now just searching if you know what i mean i got 4 feature wins and 10 heats i think just searching.

stock car driver you contacted me on facebook and I blocked you. i sent you pm asking for you to stop with the nonsense, but i guess some people never learn. as for a competitive car, you obviously have no idea who i am and who i work with.

Anyone know what bite u should start out with cuz this will be my first time taking this bms to a race track it's an 08 with under slung and no one over here has ran one of these cars in ump I can give information on it like the chain is 17 1/2 my bar angles are LU 16 LL 9.8 Z Link is 9 RL 5 my weight percentages I run is with 20 gallons and driver in is left 54.5 rear 57

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    More rf steer
    more lr drive

increasing roll steer is needed cus more drive definitely not looser.
    Its been my experience to get more rf steer, but not more drive. Those two adjustments are totally opposite and generally don't occur with one adjustment.

After all this Bull(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) why don't you talk to BMS?