Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fast Boys Leaf setup on a street stock camaro

Has anyone had success running this setup in a street stock? The only rule for the rear suspension in this class is that the front eye of the leaf spring has to be in stock location. We are one american racer g60 tires and have to weigh 3300 lbs. We can run outside mounted rebuildable shocks, floater rear end, and rear disc brakes if that helps any. Thanks
    Last edited by dontlift19; 07-31-2014 at 02:38 PM.

we ran it on both our 3350 street stock camaros ,stock clip 2x3 rear chassis. drivers love it, they say very easy to drive capaired to a coil car. car was very stable. and we run asphalt 1/4 and 1/3 mile tracks.

We have had great success. Won 28 out of 36 features. I have run it floated and locked. Car is forsale if anyone is interested.

for a rookie, maybe little ruff to drive unless you tame it down, .Fast, has tons of bite and fun to drive!

I am now looking to do this to my current Super Stock Camaro. I am at the point where my front end is all maxed out (for my rules) that being (bump steer, roll centers, full swedge tube uppers). I wanted to start focusing on the rear and I just stumbled by these left spring floaters. Now my car is basically OEM from the drivers seat back, I just started gutting the trunk and the wheel wells( does have rear leaf spring sliders). Will this floater work if I just bolt it down and go?

floater goes on right rear.

Yeah I know that. I am running a multi leaf spring on both sides so I was curious if I could just bolt on that floater on the right rear and it will help me? I am aware that I will need to make the left rear mount a little more stout for all the torque that it will we taking.

i just read you had found left floaters...didnt mean to stir anything....its something you have to fiqure out how to make it work for your own driving style and for the track you race at....if you stick to it long enough......hang on tight..

Sorry Billy I did have a typo in that post. My rules are pretty strict but it doesn't say that I can't run the right rear floater, besides someone would really have to know what they are looking at to know what it is. I want to try it and feel the difference and I can pretty much do it for cheap, I wanna know what I am getting into tho before I make a full commitment. I need to find someone that has done this recently all these posts are kind of out dated. Any further information and or tips will be awesome, even if they steer me away from the right rear floater.

In my opinion. Tacky bolt it up both sides and dry slick float rr to start. Seen too mnsy drivers not consistent with it on the tack. Especially the ones who aren't familiar with many chassis adjustments, shocks, ballast placement, drive style etc.

keep reading the outdated stuff ....it hasnt changed much..i have tried it and can say that it can be a handfull to fiqure out....very small moves make a world of differnce...its easy to go from slightly loose to way to tight...the track we race at change alot from the start of the night till the end

I mostly run on all dry slick here on the west coast (Utah). My car has handled the dry really well but I think that there is more to be gained. The problem is that we don't have a lot of guys that run a leaf spring, and if they do they don't take the racing serious (Gas and Go). So I am kind of out by myself in trying different things. I do like the idea of being able to lock the right rear up for tacky times and I have seen parts that I can buy to allow it. With this right rear floater do you have to run more stagger to get the car freed up? Or is it a drive it in hard and wait for the right time to stomp the throttle. Also I have only found one place to get a RR floater and it is from south west speed, any other places that sell this setup?

i made all of mine...3'' id pipe cut in half and rewelded aroung the rearend tube...cut 1/2'' wide rings and welded to rearend on each side of floater to hold the side to side,then welded spring perch to the floating pipe..also drilled a hole in the floater and put a grease fitting in it

That is a really good idea. It would be easy to build one. did you have to strengthen or modify the left side mount? it sounds like this setup is hell on the left side leaf springs. I am excited to try it and hopefully I can keep you guys posted on how it goes.

Make sure your LR axle tube to the center section is stout. There is a lot of load on that side of the rear end.

lotta stagger,...drive it like ya mad throw it in deep and stand on it,..getting on the gas will tightin it up...if its right...google scooter may there was a long discussion bout it by him,..he first to find it an make it work on a owm...i got the pics to go with this thread here> http://www.4m.net/archive/index.php/t-197707.html
    Last edited by dirty white boy; 12-04-2014 at 09:06 PM.
    white trash motorsports

Okay guys I am getting close on my super stock and I have one more question. do you thing that it is a good idea to mount the front of the leaf springs closer together than the rears? If so.. what spring should I move and how much?

yes toe them in at the front. the front is inward 1 1/2'' on each side making a total 3'' narrower at the front on our leaf modified.
    Last edited by racin6mod; 01-24-2015 at 10:04 AM.

Default Fastboys photobucket

Here is a link to my fastboys build. http://s629.photobucket.com/user/out...eet21/library/

Nice build. How do you change ride height in rear though?