Thread: Warrior help

Default Warrior help

This is what we have.2013 warrior with 604 crate. 500 lf 325rf 200lr 250rr 325 5th arm shocks were done by warrior and are where they set them. Both bottom 4 bars are 2 holes up from std. Left upper std hole right upper 1 above std hole j bar in std location 75lbs of bite. Early in the night, hot laps qualifying and some heats the car is just to tight but then it comes around in the feature. What can we do to get the car free'd up enough in qualifying to get us timed in to ware we need to be. And it's mainly a throttle push problem from center off. Thanks in advance and if you need any more info just let me know and I'll gladly let you know what we got.

How much drop? 5th coil is alittle too stiff for crate racing we ran 250-275.

14 1/2" drop. What would be to soft for a crate?

I would think you need to be between 200-250 fifth coil on a crate. Most SLM Ive worked with run between 225-275 sometimes a 300 but that is on super lates. I believe that about 75% of people are to stiff on there 5th coil spring

Track configuration and conditions play a big part in 5th coil selection.

had a warrior before, always tight. sold it... to get those things to turn on the gas need to do 2 things. 1 reduce your rear % and keep going till you start to loose forward bite. 2 get a good rebound adjustable shock for the rf and go to the max rebound when it gets throttlse pushy. with afco silvers need to be like 2 clicks away from full rebound stiff. you can set it up by thr book everytime and still warrior never really addressed the problem. my warrior never really got balanced the rear always had more grip than the front. i tried stagger, trailing the rr, all kinds of springs but knowing what iknow now tie that rf down and just keep dropping rear %. only other thing i can think of is your j bar might be too high on frame causing car to "pole volt" and gives too much grip to rear. most tracks never get above 9 inch on frame and about even with bottom of drive shaft on pinion.

leave it alone and put a 1"spacer on the rr,and maybe some air in the rr,you could also go down on the lf spring,it will free up entry and rotate in the middle so you can drive off the corner straighter
    Last edited by grt74; 08-01-2014 at 07:06 PM.

also agree with lowering rear%but just go 1%at a time,it will free up entry and take away some traction in the rear,but you may have to add it back for the feature