Default alky engine oil change

How many laps are people running on alky before they change oil/filter when using Brad Penn oil or Gibbs or Mobil 1? We just started back running alky and we have always changed it every 2 nights but we haven't run those types of oil before. Thinking of changing to one of those oils if we can afford it. Thanks

We run B/P in the sprinter and go 4 races. Most important thing is use a good wix/Napa filter
    Josh K.

We're using the WIX racing filter. Thanks, anyone else changing it more or less often?

i tell my customers( depends on how hot you run) . 6 nights on oil 3 on filter if your not running high oil temp

My guys run the BP 4 nights (on dirt) and change the filter every 2 nights. No problems.

I think as Matt said its important to know the oil temp you are running. Higher temps mean more frequent changes. I usually did 2-3 nights on BP depending on track conditions. If its hammer down one of those first two nights change it out after 2. I have since changed to gas and run it 4-6 nights

Thanks for the information and I will pass it on to my brother who will make the decision. Thanks again.

On conventional oil(Valvoline VR1) I go 3 nights. For full synthetic(Royal Purple) I go 8-10nights. I also have a breather can off the dry sump that collects moisture/fuel so it doesn't further dillute the oil.
    Last edited by FlatTire; 08-04-2014 at 03:19 PM.

We can get a free oil change once a month if we use Mobil 1 15w40, we've never used that and I'm concerned how it will hold up in a 388 roller engine. Thanks for all the information and the help.