Default Birdcage rotation

Can someone tell me why on a mastersbilt smack when the car is weighed out say with 125-150 # of bite & bars in standard holes & around 12 3/4-13" of drop why there is a
    1 1/2" of gap between the nut & LR spring?? I got 2 other cars with 3" of split in the bars & they are preloaded a little!! Seems to me that the smack with only2" of split should stay loaded longer !! Thanks for any info on this !!btw that is with a. 200 spring on all cars !!

I misunderstood the question intially i digress

Check the bar angles with a protractor. Mount might be welded on different

Are the birdcages the same on both cars?

Are the 4-bars attached in the same place?
    Owner/Blogger/Crash Test Dummy
    www.nextlevellatemodel.com

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdiggerracing View Post
    Can someone tell me why on a mastersbilt smack when the car is weighed out say with 125-150 # of bite & bars in standard holes & around 12 3/4-13" of drop why there is a
    1 1/2" of gap between the nut & LR spring?? I got 2 other cars with 3" of split in the bars & they are preloaded a little!! Seems to me that the smack with only2" of split should stay loaded longer !! Thanks for any info on this !!btw that is with a. 200 spring on all cars !!
    Spring location, relative to axle, both downward and forward/back come into play. As does the angle of the coilover relative to the ground.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

J bar lengths and location the same?

compare the location of your lower shock mount on the birdcage relative to the center of the axle on all of those cars. i'm guessing you'll find the smack car with the shortest measurement.

Bars are same angles with angle gauge on all cars !! Bars are same from center of tubes to mounting points on the bg (4.5") !! Shock mounts on bg are the same drop from center of the tubes !! Angles of shocks are the same at around 18* of angle !! This has bout lost me !! Lol thanks guys for the info !!