Thread: belt question

Default belt question

This for the 1 to 1 pulley set up crank to water pump. I have been using a belt part #13290 and i believe now it hasn't been correct one to use. Can someone give me the correct part number for that belt ? Thanks

is it tight? not slipping?

it is tight and not slipping

Then why do you think its not the right one? Sounds like it is doing its job

I don't like the way it rides in the pulley's. In the end i ended up with a 13295 and am going to go with it. Still don't know what the belt size is when you order the pulley set. Thanks for the reply's

Why doesn't it ride well? too high or too low?

If the bottom of the belt \ _ / is touching the bottom flat of the pulley the belt is too narrow or the pulley is worn out on the sides (very common with non hard anodized pulleys). As long as the belt is running only on the angled sides of the belt and pulley, it's fine. Its so common to wear out the lower pulley on a set of plain aluminum pulleys in half a season, I see it all the time. Easy to spot if the belt is half tight and you can grab the fan and turn it without turning then engine over.