Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

4.5inches from center line of axle tube is pretty common for top or bottom trailing arm, call your chassis mfg or bsb for better guidance. Are you talking about your rr spring angle or lr spring angle?

Quote Originally Posted by washeduptoo View Post
    4.5inches from center line of axle tube is pretty common for top or bottom trailing arm, call your chassis mfg or bsb for better guidance. Are you talking about your rr spring angle or lr spring angle?
    Don't know the chassis manufacturer so can't do that. This is in the bottom hole on bsb cages on the RR. The chassis has 4 holes to make the slider go from around 5-10* to 20-25* on both sides tilted inward or outward.

Around 10-15 degrees is usually close on the angle for both sides unless your wanting more angle on rr. The more angle it has the less spring rate you have, I think. If this is wrong someone please correct me.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtRacer9x View Post
    Thanks for the links. I've actually got those saved on my phone and bookmarked. But I've noticed in chassis you must mat he birdcages to chassis. I don't know if all builders do this because a bar adjustment on chassis to me should be designed for one hole on the birdcage. Meaning If you drop it on he birdcage it will change weight on that corner of the car. All I know is the bottom holes on my bsb cages all the way down line up perfectly from ride height to every hike on chassis and if I move the bars to the too of the birdcage it won't line up anymore. So I've left the RU bar mounted to the bottom hole on birdcage. Any suggestions and is this hindering my cars performance? 200 in RR and can change the slider from I think 10* and go to 25* for angle or should I lower spring rate instead in the dry? Just kind of lost on a few thins and trying to better understand everything I can. Tha is again everyone!
    When you move the right top bar down toward the axle tube, it increases the load carried by the bar, increases the angle of the bar, and increases the wheel rate of the rr if spring is mounted on the front of the cage.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    When you move the right top bar down toward the axle tube, it increases the load carried by the bar, increases the angle of the bar, and increases the wheel rate of the rr if spring is mounted on the front of the cage.
    Well it's only in the bottom hole because it lines up with the chassis holes when adjusting I'm assuming. I've got 200s across the rear both on sliders. Will tilting the slider in on RR be a better adjustment for dry or will changing to a 175 be better?

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    you just need to adj the length to put it in the other holes on the bird cage, adj the top or bottom bar to get your index right.
    Thats what it is looking like STOCK CAR DRIVER. Seems ill have to play around on the scales with it and find out how many turns. Would you all recommend moving the RU bar up further away from axle tube?

4.5 inches from center line of axle tube is common, how much do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by washeduptoo View Post
    4.5 inches from center line of axle tube is common, how much do you have?
    I haven't measured but the bsb cages are on the car and they have 6 holes (3 in front and 3 behind or staggered) and I'm in the lowest hole directly over axle tube.