Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Drop Shock View Post
    Yea but the dude said he was trying to free up entry and said he was 400 rf. It's pretty simple the softer you are on the right front the better your gonna steer.
    You just have to find out at what spring rate you start to bottom out at, I know a lot of guys that start out on 300s and go to 250s and 225 as the night goes.
    not on entry the car will be tighter on entry(so it doesn't steer better it pushes)
    any time you go softer on the rf its going to be tighter in and free off
    unless you do more than just a spring change
    remember shocks can have an effect too
    and I'm talking about just a standard spring setup nothing else
    Last edited by grt74; 08-27-2014 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grt74 View Post
    this is completely off subject but if anyone is running a 275 or softer on the rf without doing something else with it and your doing great,put some drive back in it and lap everyone,jmo
    I haven't met him yet.

Quote Originally Posted by grt74 View Post
    not on entry the car will be tighter on entry(so it doesn't steer better it pushes)
    any time you go softer on the rf its going to be tighter in and free off
    unless you do more than just a spring change
    remember shocks can have an effect too
    and I'm talking about just a standard spring setup nothing else
    I have seen where a softer rf loosened car, on a track that was heavy, and the driver could stay in the gas past the entrance. But, generally a softer rf de-wedges the car, off the gas, and transfers more weight to rr, thus making the car tighter.

Quote Originally Posted by drtrkr244 View Post
    I have seen where a softer rf loosened car, on a track that was heavy, and the driver could stay in the gas past the entrance. But, generally a softer rf de-wedges the car, off the gas, and transfers more weight to rr, thus making the car tighter.
    like i have said tighter entry,looser exit(or on the gas)
    if your at a track where you can stay on the gas on entry,yes if you soften a spring it will free it up but those tracks are very few,i can only think of two

Just something I've been thinking about... what happens in theory to a DLM when you go from a 450/350 front spring setup to say a 475/325 front spring setup? I've been considering doing some spring testing eventually to understand what combinations produce better results.

[QUOTE=PushinTheLimit;1842343]Just something I've been thinking about... what happens in theory to a DLM when you go from a 450/350 front spring setup to say a 475/325 front spring setup? I've been considering doing some spring testing eventually to understand what combinations produce better results.[/QUOTE

the car will be free in and tighter off with the 450/350 and the opposite with the 475 and 325