Thread: Limiter staps

Default Limiter staps

Thoughts on cushioned limiter straps? What durometer or anything else to know. Solid or cushioned? Thanks.

Cushioned ones will not be consistent on where they stop the travel.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

So ditch them all together? We want what is most consistent. I'm just curious if some custom is better than none and too much is too inconsistent. Thanks Master

You could gain a little cushion with those nylon limiters like offroad trucks use. I have no problem just putting a chain on. The cushioned stuff can be inconsistent and cause oscillations in my experience.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Thank you Master! Might be why we are struggling on throttle and being consistent. Had 2 70-80 durometer roller skate wheels stacked. Our theory was wrong with what we wanted to do. Oh well at least were trying something.

There's a video on youtube showing a Christmas tree bumpstop used as a limiter strap. The compression is all over the place. Theres no way it could be consistent handling. Just use a chain, or the adjustable deal from Wehrs machine.

Quote Originally Posted by drtrkr244 View Post
    There's a video on youtube showing a Christmas tree bumpstop used as a limiter strap. The compression is all over the place. Theres no way it could be consistent handling. Just use a chain, or the adjustable deal from Wehrs machine.
    ive ran both, I bought the yellow rubber bisquit one from speedway and ive ran a chain and ive ran a strap. ive broke the strap before. the bisquit is prob inconsistent but from driver seat I could not tell a difference. I guess the chain is the best although I could feel them both top out and at times got rough it will hit it and come off it hit it and come off it prob 3 or 4 times a straightaway I hoped the bisquit would soften that but it didn. it can get violent on a rough track or a hooked track. im still for chaining it but I never got that hard stop out of it. I used a afco silver on the back with a lot of compression and a afco 13 series on the front of rear end with a 6-0 vave, always was a little rough the more grip track had maybe mastersbilt can tell you how to get the jerk out?