Thread: Mud removal!

Default Mud removal!

What is the best way to keep mud from sticking to the under decking and rails for your late model? Any products out there?

I use 50/50 diesel and baby oil in a sprayer. I've heard of someone using tranny fluid and WD40 mix

I use wd40 in a compressed sprayer, it works pretty good

thanks guys, been using wd40 just didt know if anything was better

Quote Originally Posted by LimitedLM06 View Post
    I use 50/50 diesel and baby oil in a sprayer. I've heard of someone using tranny fluid and WD40 mix
    Tranny fluid and wd40 mix! Sounds like a good start for some tire prep, or at least it is where I race at!

Use the cheap no brand silicone spray lubercant. Spray on underside of car before a race.
    Last edited by hpmaster; 08-30-2014 at 05:49 AM.

Lol it is a good tire prep? And that would be a good reason to have it on your tires too! Hhhmmmmm lol

I've used cutting oil (water soluble oil), it's way cheaper than mud off, and you can use it for tapping threads, drilling holes, and other various machine process's.

I've tried the mudd off stuff too, and it kind of works, but never seemed to do that great of a job. Next on my list to try is baby oil...
    Here's my little home on Youtube!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AmickRacing
    Home Page
    http://www.AmickRacing.com

Maxima works great! I believe called SC1 but not sure. Black grey and red writing on can. Don't race a muddy track with out it.

It's been a few years since I bought any, but if I recall it was like $20 for a gallon (I got a couple). I think you're supposed to mix the water soluble cutting oil around 8:1. I can't say that I really do that, I just get close. I mostly use it for working on my lathe, but I've used a few gallons on my car also.

I'm sure you can find mudd-off cheaper, but I think it was around $10-15 a quart last time I saw it.
    Here's my little home on Youtube!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AmickRacing
    Home Page
    http://www.AmickRacing.com

Anyone ever try a non-stick sprayable cooking grease ("Pam" I think)? I've heard it works well and is reasonable on price. I've recently only used WD-40.

The dust collection would be insane on anything as sticky as oil or grease, butter, lard etc...Might be better then scraping mud though.
    Last edited by Lizardracing; 11-12-2014 at 10:31 PM.

I've tried everything(cooking oil, cooking spray, diesel fuel, mud off, mud x, ky-jelly, teflon spray, etc). The best thing I've found is to layer the underside of the deck with a slick vinyl tarp material and leave it loose so it can flop around. Racecar plastic works pretty good too. Then spray it down with WD-40 in a pressured sprayer. Also seen blue tarp used.

They sell this light brown teflon sheet material for lining baking pans. I got some from a gourmet cooking/kitchen store and glued it to the bottom side of the deck. Worked great until the stuff got ripped up and starting hanging down. If you could find this stuff in thicker material, it might be the best thing yet. It was a little expensive as well.

You can buy very thin sheets of teflon that would work great, just very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizardracing View Post
    The dust collection would be insane on anything as sticky as oil or grease, butter, lard etc...Might be better then scraping mud though.
    Repels dust... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...7CE2REZWXIDAQX

Dale Mcdowell does this. take your sheet metal 4x8ft, use 3m adhesive spray. spray the full sheet down with the spray, then get BANNER material and lay it across the sheet and squeegee it down. let dry. then trace your patterns on the sheet and bend like normal. The tarp wont come off or peel if down like this. good luck!

Spanky is correct D McD showed us this at the shop one night and swears by it