Default scaling problem - Cant get the bite down

Having troubles getting the bite down. We normally run 120-130# bite. Car now has 180# and cant seem to get the bite to adjust. Scales have been leveled. All corners have been checked for binding. Let out all gas in shocks. Removed all fuel and started placing it on top of decking slowly trying to change it. Noticed something odd that when we place 25# on RR it removes bite about 10#. than i added 50# more to the RR and it does nothing. We unhooked 5th coil, dropped RF over 1/2 inch from normal ride height and it does take about 30# bite out of it. We had LR shock as low as it will go which is 5/8inch lower than its always been, which this does help but the LR ride height seems really low. We have always have standard ride heights for LF,RF,RR and adjust LR, but raced it one time and the car was terrible on getting on bars and looked really flat. We have checked every hiem numerous times. running out of ideas? Noticed it is having hard time rolling on RF, on cautions when driver rocks the car and general you want it to climb nicely on the bars it does very little, only when there is enuff traction in the track will it hike up correctly. looking for ideas is all. Tried so many things we normally dont even do. Removed axles also

A good way to adjust bite without changing the ride heights a ton is one round in rf one round out left front three rounds out rr three rounds in lr to increase bite and the exact opposite to decrease. And just so there is no confusion by rounds I am referring to the nut on the shocks. Put a mark and just count the rotations and do all 4 corners then roll back on the scales. Usually doung it once around the car will change the bite quite a bit.

If you have a lot of front stagger it will
    Be hard to get your wedge numbers down .

1/2in of stagger in front. Less than I normally run.

What's odd is we have scaled it for years with no problems. And have measurements on lock nuts and blocks also that measure ride heights. Now all of the sudden the bite is really high in it. Also I keep wondering why when I place 25# lead on rr it removes bite but anymore than that it does nothing. Bite stops decreasing. I will try the turns approach on all 4 corners

Have you checked your birdcages? Undo 4-link rods and spin them over several times

has the car been in a crash since the last time you scaled it,it sounds like something is bent or in a bind

The turn approach is a standard to move a lot of weight. Just cranking in on corner is ok if you need 10 lbs but after that it should be a four corner change all the time. one turn each should make a 30 to 40 lb change and not effect ride heights a lot. It gets you close then you can fine tune with 1/4 turns and 1/2 turns. Now if you place 25 lbs on the right rear and it moves weight good and you place more and nothing moves I tend to believe you have a bind or the spring is shot. Adding a little weight makes a small change adding more weigh and nothing changes tells me the spring is absorbing the weight and changing nothing on the wheel it self. I'd get the springs check at 1 inch 2 inch and 3 inch and see how much the spring gives up.

You have a bind somewhere . Pull all your shocks and make sure they work freely . Spin the birdcages as suggested above , also may not hurt to pull the birdcages and make sure you don't have a bad or broken bearing . While you have your front shocks off , work the suspension up and down to feel for a bind . With the RR not changing , my guess is a problem in that birdcage.

Hopefully you have already checked this but it's worth mentioning. Be sure your scales are hooked up correctly (wires to correct pads)....We were scaling one night and scratched our heads for the better part of an hour as to why we weren't even close before somebody realized what was wrong...embarrassing to admit but a lesson learned for sure. Check them twice.

Since it isn't getting over on RF, could you possibly have a bent shock on that corner?

Yep check the cables, had that happen one night too. When we finally got done adjusting and trying to get the #'s right we found the cables wrong and ended up with dang near 400lbs of bite before we switched it back.

Got smacked hard in the right rear bent rim bad we replaced wheel and kept racing car was junk. Checked out car and couldn't get it to scale. Found a J bar heim was limiting movement, bent/ bound up.

Reset the ride height/s or the weight will mostly end up elsewhere.-LR/RF.
    Just setting weight on rear of car will only show left and rear changes...... and you have to reset your axle lateral alignment with that slightly sometimes for accurate left #'s.

Been there done that as far as hooking up the cables wrong too. I'll throw my two cents in though and say take the drive shaft out. Sounds like you've tried everything else. I bent an output shaft once (bound up the yolk in the trans) and the LR stayed jacked up all the way into the pits.

make sure all of your tires are holding air. We chased it all night and had a leaky rr tire and never knew it. Just to make sure your scales are functioning correctly add 1 lb of air to a tire and see if the scale recognizes it. Weight should increase in that corner. I'm not suggesting to race it this way but for scaling purposes only for trouble shooting

Definitely pull an axle out. I always use 2 squares of plastic under each tire to let the car relax. The 2 pcs of plastic act like "turn plates" that you use for front end alignments.