Default weight reduction

I need some tips on reduceing weight in a pinto. What is skining is that takeing the structure part under hoods and things. what is best way to do this? I am working on road pinto also i am wanting to use some ministock things to make it lighter and handle the roads. thanks
    Last edited by ford.2.3; 11-19-2014 at 09:44 PM.

Remove anything not needed!!! Some may seem trivial, but even the small stuff add up. If you think your wasting time, throw it all in a bucket and weigh it when your done, you'd be suprised. If you can get by with skins, take the doors off, use a cutoff wheel in a grinder or a sawsall and remove the outer pannel. Throw the rest of the door away and weld the skin back on the car. While it's off, throw away the hinges and door latch. Same for the webbing under the hood and anywhere else your not affecting structural strength. I went so far as to go through the wire harness in a Saturn I built for dirt circles and removed any unused wires (more to eliminate electrical problems in the future, but it was still weight). Heard of people even cutting off bolts that were sticking out past the nut. When I was done I had to add 450 lbs to make minumum weight, but at least I could add it where is helps instead of being all over the car.

I have another ?? how much lighter is lexan/Plexiglas instead of stock glass. I am just trying to learn. thanks

Lexan is much lighter than a stock windshield.