Default E85 compatible fuel pump

Have lost 2 fuel pumps I do not know if its the E85 or not people say they use regular pumps w/ no problems but we are starting w/ pump pumps both lost pressure well went down to around 3 psi no good on E85 anyone got any thought on this must be SBC pump need block mount pump no billet pumps tell what you are using.

Anyone got anything????? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RW57 View Post
    Anyone got anything????? Thanks
    We use the carter pumps that most people use on E98 no problems in three years.

I would think any pump advertised as alcohol compatible would be fine. I like ProCam pumps.

Thanks our problem turned out to be fuel filter once it was took care of pressure with old pump was at 8.5 pounds it is a summit brand pump we replaced it and upon taking it apart found a piece of foam in it it looked great inside after running e 85 in it.Several places that specialize in e85 say they have used regular pumps for years with no problems
    I had also read to not use a paper filter element I did some research and again that is not the case or so a lot of people say.

If you found foam you better check your cell and see if the foam is dissolving. Normal foam is not alcohol compatible and will dissolve and plug everything in your fuel system.

Quote Originally Posted by RW57 View Post
    Thanks our problem turned out to be fuel filter once it was took care of pressure with old pump was at 8.5 pounds it is a summit brand pump we replaced it and upon taking it apart found a piece of foam in it it looked great inside after running e 85 in it.Several places that specialize in e85 say they have used regular pumps for years with no problems I had also read to not use a paper filter element I did some research and again that is not the case or so a lot of people say.
    get that foam out of there and use whiffle balls or PVC pipe with alcohol... you absolutely shouldn't be using a paper element either, because the paper will absorb moisture out of the alcohol; when it does, the paper filters swell and restrict or stop flow.

This is a new cell the pump in question was ran when car was new w/foam. Yes it was a nightmare as dummy here left foam old foam no less in a used cell we did not finish the first 5 races as the foam was slowly coming a part.Apparently it had been in pump for a while when we went to e85 I put a new cell in because we wanted to start from scratch first thing I did was yank foam that is a great reminder for people though .This winter we are going to go back to stainless filter the problem with stainless filter was not enough filter area the screen is only the size of a quarter you know how us cheapskate racers are trying to save a buck always bites you in the butt LOL!!!!!!
    Last edited by RW57; 09-08-2014 at 07:13 PM.