Thread: UMP Motor

Default UMP Motor

My engine let go this last weekend so I am done for the season and planning a new motor has started. I have an idea what I am going to do, but I was curious what everybody else is runing. Not trying to get into the type of track and all that crap. Just wanting to see what other people feel is the best size engine.

I currently run a 434 and will probably go back with that because I have the parts. If I have to buy new, I may run a 421 and see what happens. All my stuff is 23 degrees also.

What you got? and if you could change, what would you change too?

I have a 427 18 deg motor great at big tracks or high momentum tracks its a little hard to drive on tracks that require good throttle control it is a beast of an engine if I had to change anything it would be a shorter stroke for less torque I am in the process of building a 421 or 406 23 deg motor depending on the crank in going to use leaning towards the 406 for the lower torque with relatively same hp we only have a 8 inch tire to hook it up with were all basically over powered roller skatea

Too much friction in the big stroke stuff, hard on parts. 3.75 or smaller on the stroke. 3.875 max. Shorter stroke will make the same power, its just moves the peak power up to a little higher RPM. it will make a little less torque, but with an 8 in tire and they way the cars work nowadays its not noticeable.
    House Racing Engines
    812-926-0019