Thread: chassis help

Default chassis help

Hello again guys. My dream finally came true I bought my first dirt car. I got it on a great deal I know it is a older Roman chassis. I do not know if it is a metric front or Camaro front. the guy told me its a 79 Camaro but 79 Camaro Schoenfeld headers don't fit it. I'm going to have Applebee Motorsports finish the car from where it is now my question is is this car a metric chassis or is it something else any insight would be helpful thank you very much
    Attached Images Attached Images

its camaro...........but the engine seems really low.

if the engine was raised Up higher the headers would have fit but they do not. and I can't lift it up because the motor mid plate all the bolt holes line up in the location it is Set in. thank you for confirming that it is a Camaro

What is exactly is a mertric chassis and what is the difference between a regular chassis.

There being replaced. I know the welds are ugly on this one bar it's being addressed no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt rufus View Post
    There being replaced. I know the welds are ugly on this one bar it's being addressed no worries.
    Thank you! Those welds are so scary, I wouldn't let my ex-wife drive it! lol

Have a competent welder go over the whole car and fix all the bad welds. Safety FIRST in everything! Buy the best safety equipment you can afford!

I'll give you my number 1 rule for racing: Dont'go until everything on the car is RIGHT! Skip a week or two if you have to. Tires, race gas, and wear and tear are expensive, plus, you'll get better results and you'll enjoy it more.

Have fun and GOOD LUCK! Let us know how you do!

Skipped the whole year to make sure everything was done right.

Replacing crap welded front and rear bumpers putting a new body on and having all aspects of the car checked professionally. drtrkr244

Sounds like you're off to a good start. Start going to the track, without the car, and take note of the top finishers in your class. On your first night, during practice, try to run with one of those, so you can learn the line and see if your car needs some chassis adjustments.Hopefully, you'll have a good base setup and not need any major changes. DON'T seek advice from any driver outside of the top five. Most of the frontrunners will be glad to help you. Concentrate on making your car have excellent forward bite. You'll outrun most just by having that. Good luck!
    Last edited by drtrkr244; 09-04-2014 at 04:57 PM.

Been asking questions and taking info all year from 1st and 2nd in points race. Champion this year that just ended has a chassis crazy close to mine and was very helpful. Pretty much handed me a majority of his setup.