Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default tire pressure in the slick?

car is very fast when its heavy but we are having a problem with traction everywhere in the slick. whats some average tire pressures you guys run when it slicks off. ump e-mod d's 2010 clamped lightning if it matters.

heat race pressures.
    lf10 rf14
    lr9 rr13

for the feature i drop my rr to 12 but leave all the other pressures the same.

10/12
    6/8

8 on the RR??

8 on the right rear? wow! i don't go any lower than 12. on a slick track i run lf 10, rf 14 or 15, lr 8, rr usually 12. idk if you plan on attending the 3 day show at butler, but on a track that bad slick ive ran as low as 10 rr

It also depends on what tire compound you run. Its not uncommon to increase right side tire pressures by 2lbs. to increase lbs/si if track conditions require hard tires.

We race dry slick 70% of the time here.my pressures are 8 lr 9 lf 10 rf and 9 RR. When it is tacky hooked up I run the same just run my RR up to 10 or 11 this is on the crap Hoosier g60 tire.

I never run more than 9 in the RR on a slick track. Those side walls are HARD. On a tacky I bump it up to 10.

This is on an A-40

Lf 9
    rf 12
    lr 7
    rr 10.5

wow some of you are really low. im not sure a hoosier a40 could go below 10 without rolling over. youve seen the car mike its a turd in the feature i have no drive off and barely any side bite.

We can always re scale it jason.

So would you say we start with the pressures you have listed about and 2 psi more tacky right side? Or just start stabbing the tires with a probe to get exactly what we need? Thank you

This is something we will try. What about on our 3,100 lb super stock sportsman as well on g60?

I've seen this as well. Just curious what psi is proper for weight of car etc. I think we will start sticking the tires more to find out the temp in them for proper psi.

Yes stock car driver this is how on our dry dusty slick tracks we have out here we can get any drive off. Car weighs 2350 on the scales

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    Wow. that's interesting, I race on plenty of dust especially at specials in Kansas where tracks are pretty much sand and I never considered racing on my sidewalls.
    I dunno stockcar Hoosier has made some pretty aggressive letters to dig in better to the track now. I think that's why they use that font. Maybe if they italicized it, it might be better.

You don't think the fast guys run on their side walls?

http://www.latemodelphotos.com/2014/...or/i-8VJ3b2v/A

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    Is that a IMCA hoosier g 60 tire? Is that a modified? Is that a front runner? Ive never seen that car I don't think and we have 25k to win lm show locally.No fast IMCA modifieds don't run on the sidewall generally, running as low of psi as that guy is claiming you would have to be on a seriously flat track and be going seriously slow to not chunk both right side tires apart.
    You have never seen the rocket house car??? Man iowa really is Idiots Out Wandering Around...

Is that Danika? Had to do it :P

This is a sport mod we run the low pressures on thank you. So you keep doing what you do and winning modified races and we will do what we do running up front in sport mod races. Yes your right I don't go to big shows I don't have deep enough pockets so congrats on having more money then the rest of us. That must make you feel like you have a bigger pecker. And yes we do run a really smooth dry dusty track almost every weekend. Do we run on our sidewalls with these (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) Hoosiers at 9 to 10 lbs? No we don't even roll it over to the letters at that pressure. Just cause someone has a different opinion over a setup doesn't mean you have to be an (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) and your way is always the best. You guys in Iowa have a whole different type of dry slick then we see.