Thread: Z link question

Default Z link question

I always ran 4 bar but this is my first time running z link and I was wondering adjustment wise Is it close to four bar example on 4 bar I would move the left upper bar up one hole to make entry loose would that be similar on z link and I was wondering what's the difference feel wise compared to 4 bar

Moving the RR lower bar up will free the car up off the throttle from what I've learned.You will probably need to free the car up when running zlink I usually run my lower RR bar up 2-3 hole from level and back bar I start out 2-3 hole down from level and go up to level when it slicks off. Also I raise the j-bar up 1/2" on pinion. Btw this is spring-behind LR Spring infront RR message me if you would like to know more

I think the adjustments should react the same because your only changing the rear steer of the RR. In my personnel feeling when the car is on Z link you can really feel the right side and specifically the RR. Because of this I always thought the car could enter fast without fear of loosing it. imo

I've never done Z link before but I see a car at one of the tracks I go to Z linked RR and he can enter a lot harder than most especially slick. If you can feel the RR like I think "thinkstoomuch" is saying that would be great in the slick. I'm wanting to try it. What's a good angle to start with and how would you adjust?

RR lower level. The upper start downhill to the frame and raise it on the frame as the track slicks off

Would level mean making z link zero degrees