Default When to Index bird cages

Looking for some experience when to index bird cages and when to lower or raise the height on the bird cage?

I will lower the LRupper bar on the cage when the surface is super slick/crumbly.

What about RR closer or further away to the centerline of the axke for the top link? What are the results in doing this?

Any time you move a top link towards the axle, you give that tire more load and you increase steer.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Any time you move a top link towards the axle, you give that tire more load and you increase steer.
    Well reason I ask is because I want to keep the same load on the spring that particular corner if changing bar angles statically. Now dynamically I don't know the affects exactly. In the other holes above if making a bar adjustment I have to lengthen or shorten them. What are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by DirtRacer9x View Post
    Well reason I ask is because I want to keep the same load on the spring that particular corner if changing bar angles statically. Now dynamically I don't know the affects exactly. In the other holes above if making a bar adjustment I have to lengthen or shorten them. What are your thoughts?
    The arc for the chassis holes should be correct for the standard location on the cage. If not, your ride height is incorrect, the bar length is off, or the brackets were installed incorrectly.

It is typical for the lr holes to be off a bit because most jigs were not set up to compensate for tire stagger.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Well I have taken all of that into effect. But what is correct and what isn't? Since so much has been changing on these cars every year just would rather know the effect. My holes line up when cage is in bottom hole on rear end side. Thanks.

The explanations I gave you were for dynamic changes from moving down from standard.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Im just not understanding or can see on paper what it's doing exactly. Dummy right here.

Any thoughts on moving the link forward or backward on the bird cage. So it's tipped forward or backward instead of straight up?