Default fastrack and rush engine rules .

Ok I'm new to crate racing. Looking to buy a 604. My question is if you buy a fresh rebuilt motor how many more times can it be rebuilt ?disregard the physical aspects of if it can. I just wanna know if your only allowed 1 rebuild or whatever. Also if you buy a " new" blueprinted motor is that considered a rebuild ?????? And is it worth the extra money to get a blueprinted motor or just get a sealed one from gm. Any insight will be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you.

there is no restrictions on how many times you can rebuild, but eventually you will get to a point that it will be cost prohibitive to rebuild vs. replace the engine. if you lap the engine out enough times the block would eventually need to be replaced, probably the crankshaft as well. how many times depends on a lot of variables, but as long as it meets GM specs there's no problem.

i believe authorized rebuilders are discouraged from selling new "blueprinted" engines, if by blueprinted they are referring to disassembling a new engine and building it to the performance side of specs. a friend of mine bought a "blueprinted" engine new from a reputable rebuilder but it still had GM seals on it. i'm sure the engine was never opened and my only guess is that because he bought it carb/distrib/pumps/headers complete, "blueprinted" meant all of his bolt-ons were matched and dyno'd. the term "blueprint" can be very ambiguous