Default Shock and Spring package for a Black Front End Rocket

Does anyone have recommendations as far as shock valving and spring package for Black Front End Rocket? My car lacks side bite and forward drive big time when track slicks over. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

gotta get that 2008 manual from rocket has just about all youl ever need in it. heres what I had the most success with. going by afco off the shelf "valving" and afco springs. SET YOUR RIDE HEIGHTS TO RECCOMENDED HEIGHTS FIRST. otherwise its a wash. lf-475 1375-4 use a 10'' spring rf-325 1373-8 ***with a bumpstop set to 1/2 inch before the upper a arm hits the shock body on older black front ends, remove shock and spring, put bumpstop on shock, put shock on car w no spring, jack up lower control arm till shock compresses and hits bumpstop, observe how much space is between your upper a arm and shock body, trim bumpstop till its 1/2'' space put spring back on set ride height. use a 12'' spring. lr- 200 1398-3 with a 2" extension on rear of axle with a 14" spring use a 1396-0 in front of axle with a 2 inch extension. space the lr in front shock out away from rear end with spacers and a longer bolt. run the lr up and down to full drop a few times and press down on the tire observe to see if the birdcage or rear axle tube is hitting the shock. if so space out till it doesn't. when at full drop jack up lr about a 1/2" and make a chain limiter strap of some kind to stop the rear from pulling on your lr in front shock. rr-225 or 250 14" spring 1394-5 run the 225 in good traction times run the 250 in slick times. 135 lbs bite, no shorter than a 19 1/4 j bar no higher than 9 3/4 up on frame 53% left side weight 54.5% rear weight.

you don't have to run the bumpstop just put a 350 spring on it and itl be ok
    you don't have to run a lr in front shock but try to put a limiter strap on there and itl be ok

I didn always hit the bumpstop w a 325 spring it was mainly put on to protect my shock from being hit by a arm on a smooth track would not hit bump on a track w a hole in the corner the shock would show a kiss mark so I put the bump stop in and it helped handling too.
    Last edited by andy16; 09-11-2014 at 11:56 PM.

I appreciate that feedback very much. Could you tell me what the ride heights should be. I bought this car used and did not get a setup book with it. Thank you in advance

LF=3-7/8" RF=3-5/8" with double box engine crossmember or 4-1/8" w/ round tube engine crossmember. The fronts are measured vertically from the lower control arm up to the frame. I usually make up a piece of 1/2" PVC cut to each measurement and clearly marked so you can just push it in without having to try and read a tape.

RR depends on the birdcage. 6-1/8" with the original welded TWM/Rocket, 6-7/8" with 1" billet Rocket, or 6-3/4" with latest billet TWM/Rocket. No measurement for LR. There is a rounded bulge on top of the birdcage. Measure from it straight up to the underside of the framerail.

If you need a setup book, Rocket will send you one for free if you call and give them the serial number.