Default Crate Buster engine

Was looking through the Speedway catalog this weekend and came across this engine. Just wondering what everyone thinks about it. I know it is made for IMCA, but I'm wondering if it has any other uses in racing not under the IMCA Banner.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speedw...ine,92572.html

I was thinking it is a little under powered for a Limited Late Model I think, but depending on the track it would at least do a lot better than the Crate cars that run in the same division.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Yeah I admittedly know almost nothing about Fords. The only ford I ever owned was a ford focus, it was my first car and I had it for about a year. Ever since I've owned GM only. Although my first race car was a Toyota.

Just saw the article and figured I would post and see what people thought.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Maybe they should rename that engine.....the "block buster"! ;-)

a stock 302 block is good to 400 hp, I use Mexican 302 blocks with a girdle and moroso hard block filler and fill it up to bottom of freeze plugs, this tremendously strengthens mains, ive got a steel n head engine making 550 hp that's 5 yrs old and been freshened 3 times , no problems, the main weakness with the production block is not enough material above the cam tunnel , the heads are trying to tear the block into and much compression and they will crack, Im working on furnace welding some gussets across the block between the lifters , kind of like some aluminum blocks, if it works im putting aluminum spec heads on it, should make 600 to 650hp and will be very light, watch out 525s, lol

Look up Gade Racing Engines out of Iowa. They are making Ford crate killers, had two IMCA mod champions this year running them.