Default Tubing bending and notching question

I want to buy a tubing bender, and a notcher, so that I can repair race cars. I do not know anything about them, what would you buy and why ?

I have a JD Squared Model 3 bender that is 20+ years old. It has bent up many chassis. I like it because everything is bent laying flat. The cheap one that speedway sells bends up. I also have the JD Squared Beast notcher. The best investment I've made. But for what you are saying, the cheaper notchers will work fine. I like the ones that use the hole saws because they are inexpensive and easy to change sizes.

It all boils down to what you are wanting to spend. Since you are just wanting tools for repair work, there is no need to spend a thousand dollars on a bender and $400+ for a notcher.
    Bill W. and Dr. Bob......who could have known.

I have a old electric cyclone conduit bender.

Upright is not easier for all. Maybe for you. I like the flat better but that is all preference. Also with the JD2 bender, you can get 180 degree dies. They are needed sometimes.

Ez bend is what i use air/hydraulic. Works great. Only thing i am missing is the ability to do 180 bends. Thats pretty rare that i need them so not really an issue.

"This forum is to help people not argue my pe nis is larger than yours or my dad can beat up your dad..."

Then STFU! You want to argue with everyone on this board. You think your way is the only way. It's not. I will take my bender any day over what you are useing. It's my prefence. If you don't like it, I DON'T CARE!! The OP asked for opinions and I stated what I have and have used for years. Since I build cages for things other than mini stocks, I'll keep using the JD Squared. BTW, can you get dies from 1/2" to 2", 90 and 180 degrees, plus square dies for yours? I can. I have built many cages with this benders and you have with yours. They both work now move along to someone else.

Thank you both for taking the time to respond. I looked around on this site a few years ago...seems like it got quiet around here. Where do all the racers go to chat about set-ups and such ?

If I'm not mistaking the ez bend90 is no longer available. I searched looking for one last year before I bought my electric bender. Someone bought them and was going to start building them again. But I'm not sure if they ever did. I really wanted one. They were the best bang for the buck.

I saw several adds and called multiple places. Maybe the other people did start building and selling them. I am just telling you what I ran into. I hope they did. If my electric one gives me trouble that's what I'll get. But in Jan this year they were out of business and someone supposedly bought them and was going to start making them again.

I would go with pro-tools, made in USA! The bender that they give free blueprints for works great. If you get a hole saw notcher make sure it is made out of very heavy steel to reduce flex. I use a slow turning 1/2" air drill to operate mine and it works great.

I have watched a friend of mine build cages for about 20 yrs. now. He doesn't own a notcher. He uses a pair of Wiss tin snips. His joints are nearly perfect and takes him less than a minute to notch them out. Of course he has forearms like Popeye! lol