Thread: Roger Goodell

Default Roger Goodell

Anyone notice his news conference yesterday was covered live by most mainstream media outlets (FOX, CNN, CNBC, ESPN, MSNBC, and even HLN). Immediately following each held discussions telling their viewers how to think and how they should feel.

Weird that Fox had the exact same talking points as the others.

Appeared to all be under the same umbrella, same control.

One talking head also clued in on to what this is all about. The gradual reduction in public interest regarding the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by balljoint View Post
    The gradual reduction in public interest regarding the NFL.
    Gee, I wonder why? Bunch of gangsta low life thugs that think they're above the law. My public interest was reduced years ago.
    8/13/16

53 man roster. 32 teams. That's 1696 current active players. "Thugs" are less than 1%.

Add in management, practice squad, and retired players.......NFL has a lot of personnel to be accountable for.

have.t watched football in years but did deliver cupcakes to the st louis rams coaches just saying

My question is why the media, treats Goodell, like they have, but treat our president different. Excuses from both. Both are say they are going to get to the bottom of the problems. Abuse in NFL, IRS,Bengazi and so on, but media treats Goodell different in my view. ESPN is horrible. A female soccer player has 2 counts of domestic abuse against her. Where is the outrage against her?? Redskins outrage as well.
    The more sports becomes political, the less I watch of it period.

I'd venture a guess it would be safe to say that the lowlife pond scum amonst the rank and file members of the NFL players union accounts for substantially more than 1%.

The political left wants the NFL to fall under their control as a means of continuing their social engineering agenda as well as yet another supporter of their party. So that they can use the NFL players, owners, and teams as a cooperative source for their messaging to the public, just as they have taken much control over news outlet sources, hollywood, and other means.

The NFL does not have nearly as high of a abuse rate, crime rate, drug rate as the entire public. This is all a false political fabrication that news networks hype and play along with, as well as ABC owned ESPN. It is disturbing to see even FOX seemingly join in on this.

This is all about a one party political agenda.

As you have seen in the past this same political faction has tried to tear down football because of injuries and concussions. They have even brought about lawsuits that have cost team owners in a judgement that has given past players compensation for the potential injuries that they have had. Seeing this as an opportunity to receive money in damages after retiring has caused many retired players to try and take advantage of that judgement whether they are truly injured or not. Who is to say that you do not have pain or memory loss or whatever? All you have to do is claim to.
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 09-23-2014 at 01:33 PM.

I think Goodell should have told them to "F" off and pack sand, the instance of abuse in the NLF is substantially lower then in the normal public....so until they get their chit in order shut the he!! up.... By the way, I don't watch pro sports at all, but right is right.....

Default Hope Solo

As mentioned US women's soccer goalie was charged with 2 counts of family abuse earlier this summer.

Yet she has a tribute on USA Today
    http://www.usatoday.com/

Also this website says what she did is not as bad as Rice.
    http://theatlantic.com/entertainment...y-rice/380626/

But really it is worse. What ray did took one second. From thought to finish. One second.
    Her tirad lasted awhile and had multiple victims, a mother and a minor.

Both were wrong and should be treated the same. She is bigger than Rice. Strong too. So why is she still allowed to play. Ray isnt.
    http://nydailynews.com/sports/soccer...icle-1.1949261

One exploded by media. One ignored by media.

Not advocating ANYTHING. Amused by hypocrisy. Original post was to show FOX is under same umbrella as all media

Thanks for the rep
    Last edited by balljoint; 09-24-2014 at 12:57 AM.

As mentioned US women's soccer goalie was charged with 2 counts of family abuse earlier this summer.

Yet she has a tribute on USA Today
    http://www.usatoday.com/

Also this website says what she did is not as bad as Rice.
    http://theatlantic.com/entertainment...y-rice/380626/

But really it is worse. What ray did took one second. From thought to finish. One second.
    Her tirad lasted awhile and had multiple victims, a mother and a minor.

Both were wrong and should be treated the same. She is bigger than Rice. Strong too. So why is she still allowed to play. Ray isnt.
    http://nydailynews.com/sports/soccer...icle-1.1949261

One exploded by media. One ignored by media.

Not advocating ANYTHING. Amused by hypocrisy. Original post was to show FOX is under same umbrella as all media

Thanks for the rep
    Thanks for the links. I too am amused at the blatant hypocrisy. She punched her sister in the face. Because she didn't knock her out like Rice did his fiance, she's less guilty of assault????? Her lawyer says "she isn't guilty of any crime"?????? Technically, neither is Rice....until he is proven guilty in a court. We can play word games all day long, but it still boils down to HYPOCRISY!

I would bet if she did this today it would be a bigger deal. There is no hypocrisy just wrong timing.

As far as Goodell being fired I don't believe that he should be.

It's od to me that as many people blame Goodell for the problems in the nfl. it's my understanding that he never went to any college or high school to recruited a single player. He has no control over who each team drafts or keeps on the team. I wonder why he tried to cover for a million dollar player. I would have sent his as# back to the geto.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I would bet if she did this today it would be a bigger deal. There isSolo continues to hipocrisy just wrong timing.

As far as Goodell being fired I don't believe that he should be.
    Actually Rice's problems started in March and Solo's in June. Both are awaiting trial. But Solo continues to play.

This is Solos second time in two years being involved in a partner/family assault case.
    Last edited by balljoint; 09-25-2014 at 08:51 AM.

Actually Rice's problems started in March and Solo's in June. Both are awaiting trial. But Solo continues to play.

This is Solos second time in two years being involved in a partner/family assault case.
    You make a good point. I guess what I'm saying had the video been shown before Solo's incident it would be a bigger deal today.

Also, assault is mentioned in a large dedicated paragraph on Rice's wiki page. No mention on Solo's. To add to the above, I believe Peterson's problem happened in March. No video of that. He is also suspended with no play.
    Last edited by balljoint; 09-25-2014 at 09:26 PM.