Default Please help with a boucing rear on exit

Does anyone have any advice to try and help solve a very annoing problem, car handles great,but only after track starts drying out on exit of both corners my rear end will start boucing like a basketball and I have to lift off throttle till it settles, what should I try springs to soft/hard? What causes this?

sounds like shock control to me

Have you tried taking some J bar angle out?

Could be 5th coil, lr near caming over, too much j bar, bad shock.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Are you running a spring or bushing in your LR travel limiter? I've seen that cause similar issues.

I'd be looking at adding rebound to the lr shock when there is grip. As eluded to, use a positive stop on the lr limiter(no cushion spring or rubber).
    If a you must use a chain, make sure it is attached to axle (not cage) and perpendicular to axle at full drop with 5th coil compressed to normal max travel.An under slung bar on lr eliminates the chain putting opposing or complementing forces on axle wrap up. I'm not a fan of using a chain any longer.

What do you have for a car/springs/shocks/limiter?

It's caused by the LR oscillating hooked and unhooked if I follow you.
    Last edited by jedclampit; 09-23-2014 at 10:52 AM.

before trying or looking too far, i woudl have your shocks dyno'd. likely not the cause. i woudl imagine that you would have the bounce all the time if it were a shock problem, but that is probably the easiest part to check.

Is are the tires chattering like wheel hop or does the car "Pogo stick"?

Either description might help narrow it down.

What adjustments are you making to the car as the track gets slick?

I would send my shocks off to be checked and looking for something on the suspension binding up.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveh3500 View Post
    Does anyone have any advice to try and help solve a very annoing problem, car handles great,but only after track starts drying out on exit of both corners my rear end will start boucing like a basketball and I have to lift off throttle till it settles, what should I try springs to soft/hard? What causes this?
    Sounds like compression too light in shock package in rear. Could be effected by rebound some depending on track conditions, but definitely a dampening issue not springs.
    Left 4M and Dirt Late Model racing, 04/12/2016 @12:06AM.

Default Bounce on exit.

Check your upper left bar angle at full drop. If its over 50 degrees , it is to close to over-centering and will load and unload causing a bounce. You could say it is on the bars, then off, then on,then off . Try keep the bar to 45 Degree max.