Default Help On a Metric Front stub a mod

Just looking for some set up info on this type of Car, I have done a advanced search on here an found nothing, Any direction pointing would be greatly appreciated, thanks

You'll need to post a lot more info to get any kind of decent answer. What kind of chassis? What lower control arms? What style of rear suspension? What tire? Posting your current setup and type of problems you are having will also help.

Ok, I'm waiting for the info on some of those questions you have, when I get the answers I will post info, thank you,

Spindles are gm metric, lower a frames are off a nova. Upper a frames are Rightfoot performance. Chassis really isn't a really a copy of anything. Front end geometry is close to a bob pierce car. Rear end geometry and cage was original, not a copy
    It is a metric front stub
    lf 650 spring
    rf 700 spring
    lr an rr 175 springs
    1/4 toe out
    9 degree pinoin angle
    1/4 lead on rr
    these are the ride height
    lf 7 1/4
    rf 7 7/8
    lr 7 3/4
    rr8 3/16
    Back spacing is 2" all around, No extra money right now for a 3" offset on rr
    I realize at this point upon reading they are wrong, but it is where I put it, Unfortunately I don't have a guide so to speak,
    tires G 60 Hoosier's
    weight
    lf 492
    rf 513
    lr657
    rr 584
    total 2246
    left 1149 51.2%
    rear 1249 55.3%
    cross 1170 52.1%
    right 1096 48.3%
    Scaling was done with lr axle out and no driver, driver 215 ibs
    The car does not want to seem to turn corner entry seems fine
    mid corner and off big push throttle the rearend to turn,
    I also realize this was not the best route to go, I thought there was more info to work with than there was, so it becomes mor challenging,
    I'm mainly looking to create a baseline,
    So whatever some one can make of this, or guidance on the situation to give, thank you,

I would try trailing the RR a quarter inch to start with and see if that helps your push. Also the rear springs sound a little soft to me.

x2 on the rr. start straight up or a 1/4 inch back. on all our metric clip cars with nova lowers whether it is a b-mod or a-mod we start with a 600 rf and a 550 lf. but that really depends on your shock package now a days.

We ran a pair of 600's in our Pierce car. Also, only ran 60lbs of bite with driver. I would square up RR also.

Raise the left side % to help the car turn. try and raise it 1% to 52.2 and start there.

really need to know what kind of chassis if its a pierce call me 815 541 9656 numbers are not good if a pierce.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtracer50 View Post
    I would try trailing the RR a quarter inch to start with and see if that helps your push. Also the rear springs sound a little soft to me.
    My 1st two thoughts as well.

70# of lr bite w/o driver may be a little much. Could be causing your throttle push.

thanks for the feedback, Bob unfortunately it is not a pierce, apparently home built, with pierce geometry in front or close to, that is what I was told, otherwise I would call, it is somewhat a oddball

where are you located ?